Sep 27, 2007

something I've been meaning to do...

I've put this off mainly because there's been a lot to share but I can't put it off any longer! The majority of you all know that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Saint! Many of you all share the same values and beliefs as I do.I have one very special friend who I love dearly who has known me for ever and visits my blog regularly that I have yet to share my feelings and my thoughts on being a member of this church I love!

Anie, I have felt the need to share my testimony, or my thoughts, with you lately for whatever reason, and it's just important to share with all of you as well because my religion and my beliefs are so important to me!! I hope you don't mind that I take this time to share my thought!

I strongly believe that we lived with a loving Heavenly Father before we came to this earth to live. I often refer to God as my Heavenly Father almost to reverence the name and draw attention to that fact that he is the Father. I believe that before I was born I knew all to well the challenges and trials I would be dealt but gladly signed up to take them on because of my faith in my Heavenly Fathers guidance and love to see me through the hardest of times!

I have been blessed to know that I am a daughter of God. I feel that he knows me personally and cares so strongly for me that he sent His son Jesus Christ to prepare a way for me to some day return to live with him again. Jesus Christ is my Savior! He bleed and died for me and lived a life that set the perfect example to follow. A charitable, loving and forgiving life.

I am never alone. I can always find guidance and strength from above as I pray and all to often I feel the loving arms of a Father in heaven as I pray for comfort or express my gratitude for all the many blessing I enjoy each day! I truly feel I have a relationship with God.

My membership in my church has given me so much. To often non members are only aware of the "limitations" of our church. One of the first and for most gospel principles taught to us is that WE have Free agency. We can chose rather to follow the teaching that have been given or not. I have only found that when I follow the teachings or guidelines I am blessed beyond measure! I do not see the "rules" of our church as limitations. I see them as growth promoting, healthy and a rewarding lifestyle to live by.

I believe that life here on earth is only a step in our progression. I know I will live in heaven with my Heavenly father again. I know that my earthly ties to family and loved ones will extend beyond the grave. We believe that we can be together for the eternities and the bonds of marriage don't last till death. To me that is the strongest comfort ... to know that my sweet family will me mine forever!

I feel unbelievably happy. I know that is largely to do with my relationship to my Heavenly father and Jesus Christ. I would never deny these feelings. I would gladly stand up for what I believe in only because I have prayerfully searched for this knowledge and felt the confirmation in my heart that I was looking for.

It's hard for me to separate myself and my beliefs. I never want anyone to question me and wonder.. "What does she stand for? Who is she?" I only hope That I live a life that draws questions like " Why does she do the things she does? Why is she happy?" Hopefully that is the life I am living.

I feel very vulnerable having shared this important part of me with you but I felt strongly that I needed to and even remind myself why I do what I do. It's not meant to convert anyone or to sound like I know everything. It was simply meant to explane a little bit more about who I am.

Anie, I have always felt like you have always loved your friends so unconditionally. You are the greatest example of love and dedication when it comes to friendships. You have shown me so much about yourself by keeping in touch and making the effort. I will forever be grateful for our friendship and I hope you don't me sharing my thoughts!

14 comments:

Kalola said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony. Your words have helped me so much today.

Matt said...

That was a wonderful post. The Spirit reads blogs and shares feelings. Thanks for brightening my day.

Laura said...

Such a beautiful post. Thanks rebecca!

donna said...

Oh becca what a wonderful post. Thanks so much for sharing your testimony with us.


I need and will call you.
Have fun with Michelle next week.

Mahana said...

Thank you so much for sharing your testimony. My heart just warmed up by reading it and reminded me that I need to be more sharing of my own testimony. I miss you guys! You are a great person and I love you!

Andrea said...

I loved that! Thanks so much for sharing. Oh, and I love your new layout...I was just looking for some fall layouts yesterday!

tutu with love said...

Thank you so much for sharing your heart with the world of blog. I found your blog thru Brandi. I enjoy the talent you have in writing. I feel close to you as I share the same beliefs.

We are all sisters. Its truely a small world. You are lucky to have such wonderful friends

Christina said...

sweet post--what a great way to share your testimony!

Anonymous said...

that is so beautiful...Amen and Amen!!!

AnieCooper said...

Oh Becca! That is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your beliefs. I may not be Mormon but I do truly believe in God. I was raised Catholic, but the older I got the more I started to follow Lutheran. Brent's grandfather is a retired Lutheran Pastor and is such an amazing person. I have learned so much from him and know we will be together in Heaven.

I too am grateful for your friendship. You are one of the most sincere, loving, and sweetest people I know. I am very lucky to call you my friend and love you dearly! Thanks for doing this blog. Miss you tons love you! Enjoy Jenny, Emmy and Bake (is he going?) I expect to see many pics on here ;) Lov eyou!

michelle said...

Rebecca, this post is so amazing! You are such a wonderful daughter of our Heavenly Father! I will be calling you in the next day or two. I will be in town next week! Yiiipeeee! :)

Amber H. said...

Becca, you ar so amazing! You have such a wonderful ability to put your feelings into words..I'm in awe of you! It seems when I try to express myself I get all tripped up and awkward, but your words just flow. Amazing, and thanks for sharing your testimony! All I have to say to what you wrote is AMEN!

Jess Perry said...

Thank you so much for sharing that. That was awesome to read and end my Sunday!

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing. it was beautiful! you are such a sweet person.