Sep 21, 2007

Bargain Shopping 101

So anyone who knows me pretty much is aware of my killer Bargain Shopping radar I have! I NEVER pay full price and I always am on the hunt. This mentality covers basically every aspect of life! I have picked up some amazing things at incredible prices based on this keen 6th sence I have!

Today I put my shopping to the test once again after being tipped off by a friend that Albertsons was to be my next target! They were having their 10 for $15 sale on cereals, oatmeals, bars and endless other items. The added bonus was when you buy 10 the price gets dropped to 10 for $10!

So there I was binding my way through the aisles.Post cereal was also marked to 5 for $7 with a free gallon of milk then upon check out they presented my with a $2 off coupon for my next Post purchase. So back I went for 5 more boxes and another free milk!

All in a good days work! Here's what I loaded up for $55...



There are a ton of great tips for shopping smart. I always get ask how I do it or what's my secret. First of all, I always share my finds like this because half the battle is knowing when and where to shop.

Also when deals like this come along I stock up. I didn't buy one thing we don't use and love! I feel into the habit of buying things, especially food, that I had a coupon for even if we never ate it before... chances were we never did eat it!!!!FREE is another story... I may on occasion get something if it's free...hence Walgreens trips!!!

Anyway... It helps to just keep your eyes and ears open to leads from others. Watch ads and make sure you have the space for the things you do buy!

I tend to buy more food when it's a deal more so then cloths, house hold stuff and other things that take up long term space. Food you consume, other items sit and take up room and stare at you with that tag still attached taunting you saying " ha ha!!! I don't even fit and now look at your closet!!!!!"

Know what you love and shop it out! Don't be afraid to take things back. Buyers remorse is a feeling we get for a reason... it's like a grace period for us to change our minds and give ourselves a reality check. Leave all the tags on and save all your receipts!Check return policy's and if you find that your item is damage complain or take it back. If it's something you can live with ask for a discount.

I'd love to hear some of your favorite shopping tips and deals you have gotten. I can't think of my best deal ever to share..I have a lot of good deal stories!!! Share some of yours!!!!!

8 comments:

Caitlin and Mike said...

I just hit up this same sale today. My family eats cold cereal like it's goin' out of style, so I always stock up! Gotta love Albertson's and their fabulous sales!

Christina said...

rock on! i ONLY buy sale items at albertsons..my sister is able to get FREE food from all the stores..so we're always loaded up on all that stuff--

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I am a big bargain shopper too, I never pay full price for anything!

MY TIP: Get pregnant so you're too sick to shop altogether- that has saved me hundreds in the past month! :)

Ranay said...

Becca - great finds! I love Albertsons' 10 for $15 sale. Thanks for sharing. Also, send me your email, or email me (deenay33@hotmail.com) and I'll share my freezer meal recipes with you!

Andrea said...

Ugh, of course I have to live in the middle of nowhere with no Albertson's in sight...Oh well, I'll just be happy for your finds...

michelle said...

I know where I am headed this morning! Albertson's! Thank for the heads up. :)

Blackner Family said...

Hello Becca!! I am so glad Jess Perry has you on her blog because I couldn't get to your blog, even when I clicked on your name from my comments. Anyway, way cute blog! So glad you've joined bunco!! Mikelle

Mama Bear said...

I love good deals! I wish I could stock up more...but alas, we have no extra space in our tiny place! Someday I'm going to have a huge pantry and a big extra freezer in the garage...can't wait! :)