Sep 8, 2007

Saturday is a special day!

I feel like I've gotten so much done and it's only 3:40! I am really taking to heart the primary song today! I was in the kitchen for 2 houres just cooking and cleaning! I saw on a posting a cool new site that talks about cooking in bulk and freezing meals for the month. It also just had some great frugal tips!

For one it talked about buying chicken breasts with the rib bones still attached. I found some for 99 cents a pound so I pucked up 10 pounds. I learned how to debone the meat and separate the breast from the tender mean and make my own chicken broth! So I dove right into it today! I got about 7 meals out of all the chicken goodness!

Right away I seasoned and cooked the chicken tenders and cut that all up and made two yummy chicken pot pies and froze them. then with the broth I made enough broth for two big batches of chicken noodle soup. I finished the soup and now have 4 meals ready to go.

I really liked cooking like this. I want to get more organized and try to cook double frozen batches more often. The girl on the web site cooks for two days and gets meals for an entire month all made! For sure a crazy Mormon sister we all drop our jaws at... but hey it's working for her!

here's the site!!!
http://www.christysclipart.com/oamc2.html

She list recipes and even has videos... that's how I learned how to debone the chicken! Cool gal!!!

Smiths was also having some crazy sales so we stocked up for our food storage. Cambells Selects soups were only 60 cents along with Prego spaghetti sauce! Of course they were out of the sauce so I just filled up on 36 cans of soup!Slowly but surely we are stock piling some great food storage!

Mike and I get to teach Gospel Doctrine tomorrow! Excited? Not really! I'm worried that people won't participate! And hello! It's me!!! Mrs. I don't even know what book 1 Corinthians is in! Ok... I do now but man am I a dummy in the scriptures at times and especially when I have to teach people who have been around a lot longer them myself and really know their stuff! Wish me luck!

Just to toot my own horn for a second! I walked a total of 16 miles this week! I am really loving getting up to walk with my neighbors! We do 4 miles a day and It's getting easier and easier to get up and not feel tired all day long! This is really my only form of excersize ... sad huh! Oh well! But I love how it has made a difference. For the last year I've been feeling my heart flutter and it makes me loose my breath. I have had 2 EKG's and they find nothing! For the past two weeks that I have been walking They have totally stopped! Hopefully being more active was all I needed! I have even stared looking forward to walking...as if I need it every day to survive! And on that note I think I'll go for a walk right now!

Have a great weekend !

7 comments:

donna said...

Wow you are such a good mormon wife. Busy in the kitchen all-day. Thanks for the idea.
It feels like i am cleaning my house all day. I am-still getting use to cleaning these house. It is a lot bigger then our old one !!!


way to go on your miles girl YOU ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Good job with making all those meals. That is somehting that I have wanted to do for awhile. Good luck tomorrow teachign your class, i am sure if you call people they will particapate. :)

Laura said...

Thats so great about your miles. Doing great! I hope the walking continues to help your heart- Im sure it will!!
Thanks for the site!!

Shannan said...

I love that you give away some of your great tips away. I am so looking forward to getting back home and getting a rhythm going.

AnieCooper said...

The cooking meals ahead is a great idea...now if I only had that kind of room hehe!

Great job on the walking!! Way to go! I'm so proud of you :)

So, when is Jenny coming out? Next month right? Is she going to be there very long? I bet you are so excited!

Well, I hope you are having a great Sunday and that your teaching went well! Miss and love ya!!

michelle said...

YEA! for walking in the mornings! Your doing GREAT! I am going to take a look at the website you posted. I need all of the help I can get! :)

Christina said...

WHAT? you're cooking?!?!?! let me pick myself off the floor!! and WHAT? numerous meals at once?!?!? picking self up off the floor again!!

for my chicken i just crock pot it with a little bit of water and it just all falls off the bones..thats my version of deboning for ya!!

way to go on the walking! wierd about the heart flutters!!!