Sep 5, 2007

I'm all fired up!!!

So tonight I had the chance to go to a city council meeting. I've never done that before. There is a new development going in just across from me that will increase traffic in our neighborhood that is already poorly planned in some cases...exits being one of them. I didn't expect to get so fired up about it but I felt an obligation to speak up and have my opinion heard! I was able to express my thought well and drive home my concerns. There were quite of few of my neighbors there and it felt so good to stand up for something I really believed in. Who knows what will happen! I feel at times they have those town meetings just to save face and make us feel like they are going about things in a way that involves the opinions of the people when in reality they make the final all regardless! It seems like such a no brainier to me and all of the residence. Why on earth would they go through with their plans to make more cars access this street!!!

See there I go again!!! All bothered and up in arms!!

I love this country! I love the fact that I have the right to be heard! I really felt empowered being there speaking in front of the city council. It almost made me want to run for office or something! I think I'll be more in tuned to the happenings of my environment from now on...There are so many things worth fighting for!

11 comments:

Bruce said...

You go Girl! I am very impressed that you went to a city council meeting! Even more so that you got up and spoke! :) Good job!

I need to do better at participating in community decisions!

michelle said...

Good for you for speaking out! These kind of meetings are always good to attend. They run our town counsil meeting on TV weekly. It makes it so nice to be able to know what is going on around town.

carey said...

You go, Rebecca! I can just see this side of you. I'm impressed with your voice!!! It's too bad more people don't follow your example.

donna said...

Good for you girl. YOU have my vote :!!!!!!!!!!

Christina said...

you crack me up-all fired up!

i kinda feel the same as you..its more of a save face type thing..

hope the situation gets worked out though!

Laura said...

Wow, way to go! I have always wanted to get involved, but honestly once I start going, I probably wont know where to stop. I am one of those people who wants to save the world. It gets so hard sometimes!

Matt said...

Way to speak up and have your voice heard! It's amazing what can be accomplished if you just speak up.

Anonymous said...

that is awesome that you are able to stand up for what you belive!!! I am proud of you.

regibells said...

You have got my vote girl..do it! I would like to stop by next week sometime if your around. Hope to see you soon gorgeous!

Julie said...

Whatever makes them more $$$...
You never know though all you need sometimes in one vote! Maybe they won't stop the project all together, but they could scale it back. Traffic SUCKS! We all know what a great president you'd make, we ruled College View ;)

Ranay said...

Hi Becca,
Love reading your blog. I tried to send you a big long email, but it came back. I was wondering if you could give me your email again. I would love to get caught up. So great seeing you in UT. Ranay