Sep 17, 2007

Post please!

Let's be honest... my blog was beggin' for a new post!


Oh it's Monday! I love the start of a new week! I have the chance to start over if you will... This week I vowed to be more organized and stay focused! This morning on my walk I was looking forward to the week ahead with this new attitude! I have my meals planned for the week, a cleaning schedule and a few things planned! Today my piano gets moved to my living room!Yee Haaa!!!! So I have to clean out that room that has become the catch all for all my decor that has yet to find a home!

I am running to Taiwan today to do a little shopping! Apparently it's like a Shinodas, or a wholesale importing store So I have my fingers crossed it's what I think it's like!

The girls got their new bed and I have been so disappointed in how it looks and the bedding that I have scratched my plans for the bedding I have and I am just going to make it for them. I am desperate to get something right in that room. So I am off to the fabric store AGAIN to tackle that! The bed itself it cute but the room has a horrible layout for beds and it just feels wrong in there! I must have a fung shue radar somewhere deep inside and man is it sending signals!!!ABORT ABORT!!! But honestly there is no other solution. I am hoping that once I get it all decorated and done it will not torment me in my sleep!!!!

The chairs we ordered and the entry table are falling short in my expectation department! The entry table came cracked and assembled poorly so we have to take that back but on a good note... I love where it's going to end up so hopefully it's just a fluke. The chairs are a little to red for my taste... the wood tone that is! My solution of course it so paint the seats but Mike's vetoing that one! Oh and the bed has a big crack on it too... Ugggggg! Seriously folks! are they trying to piss me off!!! So I have some calls to make to try to get this all worked out! I swear we must have a magnet for defective things!

But yes... my new attitude! Like water off a ducks back I just need to get over it all! Is it really that big of a deal!!! let's talk about something else...good news if you will!

So this weekend I found some great deals... yes at a yard sale! I picked up two more pencil Christmas tress for a total of $5! Score! Oh and last Thursday I found an amazing 6 foot tree on ksl for $10!!!! Also got a shelf and a magnet board for dirt cheap as well. I am most excited about the trees and can't wait for Christmas!

So I better get the ball moving! Hope you all have great weeks! Remember last year when I was on a super organizational kick and was so motivated to get so much done... well I feel one of those coming on!!!! Keep your fingers crossed that it lasts a while!

here's my weeks menu...

Meatball subs
Chicken Florentine
Beef Burrito Skillet
Chicken Broccoli casserole
Homemade Beef Mac and cheese

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

what are you smoken....loved your last post about Magic Cream. :) you are awesome. Can I just say that again, you are AWESOME!!!

michelle said...

I knew we had a lot in common! I was thinking about posting my menu this morning too! I decided to ask about recipes to add to my menu! :)

I totally remember when you where on your organization kick last year! I think I need to keep my fingers crossed for both of us. I need to get in one of those moods asap! :)

Good luck with the girls bedding. I hope you find some fun material!

donna said...

I almost posted my menu as well.
Sounds like you are going to have somme yummy dinners this week girl.



I hope you are able to find what you want for the girls room.

Don't stress :)

Andrea said...

Dude, you kinda scared me last time with your mad organization skillz lol. It's all good though, I'm just a hater! I wish you had moved closer!

carey said...

I love the enthusiasm you have about finding fun pieces of furniture, shopping, refinishing things, etc. I'm sure if I ever had the chance to hang out with you, I'd get some much needed motivation!!! :) Love the magic cream post. ;)

Megan said...

Holy cow, your post was me a few months ago! Everything we ordered was broken! It was so frustrating!!! And I can also relate in being disappointed! You get these great ideas and things just don't look how you imagined them! I'm glad you are choosing to have a good attitude, that's probably the best thing you can do! I am so jealous you have KSL classifieds! I was an addict to that website before we moved, but I couldn't really get anything because we had limited space in the moving bins! I LOVED that website and miss it dearly! Way to go on being motivated this week, send some of it my way..I am wiped out!

Christina said...

oh the meals look so grub! i need to get back into weekly meals!

whats up with the broken furniture-what a pain! atleast its something that can get taken care of..

hoping your weeks stays organized and in motion for ya!

Julie said...

MMMM! Dinner at the Dulgarians sounds good. Do your girls eat everything? I'm having trouble getting my kids beyond quesadillas, and nuggets.

Hannah said...

So what is this Taiwan place?? I am always looking for good places to shop.

Sorry about your furniture. So frustrating!

Amber H. said...

So you should tell us where you bought your furniture from so I can be sure to avoid buying from there! LOL! Sorry it's all broken and damaged! I need some of your organization skills to rub off on me! I've been a total bum the past few weeks. I need to kick it into high gear!

Ranay said...

Becca,
We frequent Tawain Imports each time we visit the utah area. My sister use to sell home decor at the local craft fair, and Taiwan was where she would stock up on a lot of things to make her projects. Wish we lived closer to places like that!! Fun to read your blog.

Laura said...

Wow. Just reading this makes me tired. ;)
I have never had a menu before. I should try it sometime I guess...it would be great to be as organized as you! I LOVE your decorations and fall decor!