Sep 13, 2007

Know anyone with a RED Piano?

Well you do know!!Check it out!!!!! I bought a piano off ksl.com, which by the way is my new craiglist!!!, this week and of course what do I do to it!PAINT IT!!! I have forever wanted a piano in my home and now that I have a home....ta da! Now I know many of you are asking yourselves that same pressing question! "Does Becca Play the piano?" Technically no!!!Mike called it my new piece of furniture! But don't you all count me out too soon! I did take lessons for three months before Blue was born and I really loved it so I see lessons for me again in the near future! So let's just call it an inspiring piece of furniture at this point!

Before and afters...




So thrilled at how it turned out! I am in love with a piece of furniture!!!It was a labor of love!


Yesterday I had a girlfriend that I grew up with come for a visit! Regina lives about 20 min. away and we haven't seen each other in 4 years! I just adore that girls. We both got caught up on the all the latest and talked about the good old days! Let's just say we had plenty to talk about that could embarrass the both of us!!!!

I just got home from Bunco! Talk about the highlight of the month! Picture 14 girls, amazing food, endless stories and great advice! Last month was my first time and they were all too willing to send me shopping to all the greatest places here in SLC!!! I don't know how it happened tonight but "Magic Cream" was divulged! Hey ... everyone's got ta know right! Hopefully I'm not baned from the get togethers once the husband get treated to this new phenomenon! It's like uncaging the beast! Once their out they hard to control! I swear the sales in Magic Cream have sky rocketed in the last 2 year don't you think largely because of Young Mormon white mothers looking for something in the ethnic skin care aisle! Wouldn't we love to send a representative to their next board meeting when they discuss their latest spike in sales in Utah of all places!

Enough...So I won the " Loser" prize!!! An adorable trick or treat board! Winning feels pretty good even on the losing side when the gifts are this incredible!

So to all my new blog visitors from the bunco bunch...WELCOME!!! Hopefully you'll get a few laughs, ideas and reality checks while visiting my blog! I have a great group of blogging friends that have wonderful ideas and talents! Feel free to roam!

16 comments:

Morph This said...

Amazing! I love it.

Jess Perry said...

I absolutely love your blog. Bunco was so great last night and we all need to get together for a playgroup. Also..thanks for the tips and tricks last night. Can't wait to go out to the store so I can try it!

michelle said...

The piano turned out darling! What room are you going to put it in? Bunko sounds like it was so fun!

Melissa E Photography said...

I love the piano Bec! I hope you're preparing a musical number to show it off properly! :)

Christina said...

Loving the piano! I just saw a red piano in a magazine and was thinking what a great idea it was- and you were right there with them! It's going to be so fun to see your house all put together some day!

donna said...

AMAZING!!!!! You should have your own TV show on HGTV!!!! You rock girl.
Glad you had a great bunko night.

Amber H. said...

So what is this Magic Cream? what? I'm missing something I think! Good job with the piano...definitely better than the before pic! Hopefully you put LOTS of poly on it so it won't chip off! Still can't wait to see pics of your house all done. It will be so fun!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I just saw a red piano and thought, I wish I had a fun place for that! Too funny that you have one now- of course now I realllllly want the one I saw! I dont play either, but I would love to learn and I love the look of one in my home! Crystal said I can have hers, but again, where would I put it?
hopefully my kids will play- I wish rob kept up with his lessons. what a great and useful talent!
this post is long enough, I am going to call you!

Christina said...

oh girl im busting up at the magic cream--im well aware of it..but for me i dont have to use it-i KNOW YOUR SO JEALOUS GIRL!!! hahah i have a friend that uses it-changed her life..

bunco group! fun! our bishop/stake came down on us HARD about bunco groups...ugh...so they've all stopped here...

a RED piano!!?!? girl-your so impressive and you NEVER stop! your such a beast!! i love it!

Sarah said...

it looks amazing! How fun at bunco. We have no idea how many people have found out about magic cream!!!!

sarah ann said...

Rebecca! You are a wondrful crafter! You always have the cutest stuff in your house! I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR SCRAP BOOK ROOM!

Brandi said...

I love the piano...good luck at getting the piano lessons!!!

Magic cream....that is so funny. I am sure they thought it was a hoot!!!

Laura said...

ohh, Magic Cream. I still havent found it!!!??? Thanks for the reminder to continue my man-hunt.

Mrs. Walker said...

I love the piano! My parents have a player one just like it, and I never thought about painting it. I bet it was a beast to move though!

Even if you don't play it, you're sure to learn how soon!

Andrea said...

I seriously LOVE the piano! Just my style. Tyson is going to start lessons this fall, maybe once he can play, I'll have to get one too. Ahhh, magic cream...What would we do without it? lol.

Mama Bear said...

I love red...the piano looks great!

Seriously, though, what is the deal with "magic cream"?? I think a lot of us here know what you are referring to, but don't actually know what you are talking about!! Please enlighten us...