Feb 19, 2008

Tuesday!!!

Nothing like coming off that 3 day Weekend high!!! We had family in town and it was great!!! Monday Mike had off so we were able to get the house back in order and to my surprise Mike gave me the green light to go buy paint for kitchen!!!!Whoo Hoo....or so I thought!!! I finally narrowed down my favorite shade... it wasn't quite a red, more a terracotta orange tone with brown... hard to discribe.. anyway, as we were on our way to the Depot I just wasn't feeling 100% about the coclor. I kept telling myself to just run with it and not pass up Mikes willing attitude but when it came my turn to tell "Kent" my favorite paint guy at Home Depot what I wanted I had to walk away! I just wasn't ready!

Dude that was weird! I just couldn't do it! I was standing there almost in a cold sweat. I started pacing and I just had to leave! So no paint for us! I think i am giving into the fact that my kitchen is just o hard to match paint for. I have cammo green cabinets and it just doesn't make it easy! But I hate the color the walls are now! I don't see me finding anything soon so I just have to give up the dream... at least for a while!Oh well!

Here's a picture of my kitchen... give me some suggestions on what color direction I should go!!!


10 comments:

Christina said...

dang that is a hard combo to match..i think i'd just end up painting the cabinets!!

Shannan said...

yeah i'd be afraid an orangie color would look like you are ready to go hunting. Tough! I never realized your cabinets were green I thought they were more black/grey. sorry for the lack of help.

Hannah said...

I think the color you chose sounds nice. My friend painted her kitchen in a spring green color that was so cute!

http://tinyurl.com/2zeytr

Emily said...

Is there any other color in your countertop, or is it only black?

I love green idea and the rust color too - I'm partial because my kitchen is a rust color..

If you go to my blog, you can see the color of my kitchen in the pic of Maxwell on the right side.

Maybe we need more pics of your cabinets to determine how much green is really in there!

Amy said...

I was thinking more about burgandy/reddish... how about only doing one wall?

michelle said...

K, I am trying to go off of my memory. Is there a hint of gray in the cabinets? If so, dark would be more dramatic, and warm. Bright would add brightness, and cheer. Have you thought about a golden color. Not yellow, the tuscany dark yellow? I'll keep thinking. :)

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

dude, where is your frige in that picture? at first I thought you got a new white frige for some reason, but that is just the wall.

and i am no help with paint- you know me, paint scares me. I actually like the color it is now.

regibells said...

I say go for the orange baby (do not i REPEAT Do not paint over those cabinets.....if it is that same "McDonalds inspired" orange we saw with the kids that was so eye catching....(hey it was a nice Mcdonalds)....DO IT! I will help you paint. What is the worst that can happen..you can hate the orange and paint over it with a boring creme color.

E Winzeler said...

I like the color it is now...your kitchen is so cute and original. I wouldn't touch the cabinets, that could be a huge mess if it doesn't go as planned and they are not like any one else's which I like. Good luck! I want to come see when you have it all done!

Ranay said...

I say go a shade of red. I bet it would look great with your cabinets and the black. Good luck!