Feb 12, 2008

I got BANGED!

Do you ever catch yourself doing something and in that very moment you totally regret doing it but by then it's too late? Well that's the saga I live right now!!! I cut bangs!

I had successfully purged my mind of the very act for months now. It wasn't easy! All to often there I would be gazing in the mirror with scissors in one hand and my hair in the other. Then a voice I know all to well would resonate in my head!!! "PUT THE SCISSORS DOWN!!!" Like I said, for months I listened to that voice but I guess last Friday I didn't hear it for some reason!

By the time I squeezed the scissors for the first time I knew I made the wrong decision but what could I do at that point? I had a section oh hair 6 inches shorter then the two other sides! By then I had sealed my fate.I had committed to having bangs. The alternative at that point was to go around looking like a kindergartner who got caught cutting her own hair. Not sure I don't still look like that but I continued the process and that's that!

Bangs are for sure the hardest thing to get used to! I keep pushing them to the side, trying to hind them or just plane not looking in the mirror. I pin them back at night and I still haven't gotten used to them. Mikes even having a harder time with them. He took me out on a date ( I know!!!Stop the press!) on Friday night and kept laughing and calling me "Bangs!" He says I look like I'm wearing a wig! That's always fun to hear! One more concrete piece of evidence on why I should have listened to that voice!

Oh well! So I have bangs! I was desperate to look different and that's what I got... sort of. This is the wimpy way to try to make a drastic change! I still am tempted to chop all my hair off and do something extreme but after my trauma with bangs, I think I have enough fear in me to keep the scissors in the drawer!





14 comments:

Bruce said...

I think they are really cute. I like when bangs are kind of swept to the side. Love the first and third pictures the most! :) You look good.

Matt said...

You look cute no matter what! I like the bangs.

Amber H. said...

OMGosh, when you were describing them, they sounded aweful! But then I got down to the pictures and they look really good! You are too funny, but I think you did a great job and they look really cute! I know what you mean though, I have cut bangs about 4 times and always end up growing them out because they annoy me too much!

Christina said...

dang-you got banged?!?! im SO JEALOUS! i cant even remember the last time i was banged...oh wait-- what exactly are we talking about here?!?!?!??!

i like the 1st photo, but not the 2nd photo..it does look a little funky--i think maybe because it makes you look way older?!?! i hope thats not mean-you know me-tell it like it is!!

well hopefully no more hair trauma for you--and again im jealous you were banged.

Hannah said...

I love them!! You look beautiful!

sarah ann said...

Rebecca!! :) I know, when I first got bangs I always pushed them to the side and pinned them up, still do! :) LOL! I think they look wayy cute on you! Your hair looks so pretty up!

sarah ann said...

Rebecca!! :) I know, when I first got bangs I always pushed them to the side and pinned them up, still do! :) LOL! I think they look wayy cute on you! Your hair looks so pretty up!

michelle said...

Rebecca, your hair looks great! I think bangs are nice for a change. You for sure don't look like your sporting a wig! hee hee. :)

The Dunns said...

LOL!!!! That is too funny! I'm laughing, because I do this all the time. I get so bored with my hair and have been know to make some wild changes. Not always ones that look good either. Ian use to get scared when I would tell him that I was going to get my hair done. Love it!

regibells said...

Well I think you look darling! hey it's not a friends hair cut...."oh my gosh anyone that gets a friends haircut is so lame!"...I would buy you flowers too if it actually looked bad but you look cute...so no flowers for you! HAH...... memories of you coming to the rescue. You are so funny!

Jamie C. said...

Becca you look adorable! I think they're so cute on you...me on the other hand with bangs (days before I had Gwen) not such a good idea! Thank goodness I just had a baby and didn't have to leave the house for weeks! I remember when you put a sign in on our bathroom mirror that said "Put the scissors down Becca" You are so hilarious! You look great though, I can't believe you cut your own hair that well!

Emily said...

You look really cute with them swept to the side!

I think you're one of those people that just have a face meant to show forehead! :)

donna said...

You look great!!!!!! You are so beautiful :)


I had bangs a few months ago. I had a hard time with them as well. So I grew them out again.:)

E Winzeler said...

Every time I read your blogs I laugh...I got banged huh? Nice choice of words! You look great...I love having bangs, they'll grow on you.