Nov 27, 2007

This ought to tide you over...

This preview will hopefully help the hate mail I'm getting!!!! he he he!!!! Here is a sneak peak of a few rooms progress!

Living room! This room is my favorite so far! I LOVE my red piano and have been able to sit down and play! The pictures on top still need to be hung but i love them. I change the Scrapbook paper out seasonally to display Holiday prints and then i have a few to compliment the room! It's a great way to swap out some decor... you all know I get really board with decor and have to change it often! BINGO!!!!



This frame will house my Heritage Photos! I have a beautiful collection of old black and white photos of Ancestors ! I can't wait to get this done!



Scale was a big deal in this room because it so small so I totally scored when I found these amazing chairs in the perfect color and perfect size!!! The lamp is my modern/ retro throw back. I love rooms that combined different styles and elements!




Here is the entry table that greets you when you first come in! It's from my all time favorite store I've found out here "Home Again!" I just had to have it and it works great right here! We take our shoes off in our house so this houses them perfectly so you don't trip all over them...If I need the storage at some point I'll add a shoe basket.




Moving on to the upstairs family room... here are the wall irons my dad helped me hang while he was in town. This is a large vaulted wall so it needed some weight on it and something substantial. The Apothecary Jars get changed out seasonally too!






And lastly the Basement...a.k.a. Mikes Domain!!!This is going to be a fun room once it's done. It will have vintage advertisements, tin colorful wall mounts and some original art done by yours truly. So far we've only been successful at getting the entertainment center filled with treasures. I love how this display turned out! It has all my favorite things! I LOVE Books! I love vintage things, That Urn was Mikes grandparents wedding gift, and I adore clocks!!!!! Can any of you pick out the one funny odd thing on display that isn't in character for me???? I still loved it when I saw it so I just had to buy it!






Ok... that's it for now! Don't get depressed!There is more to come in the next little while! Bedrooms, kitchen and more are still to come!

20 comments:

Jen Herem said...

You have a gorgeous home!

Bruce said...

You are amazing. Look how much you've gotten done in such a short time of living there. Everything looks so good. It's like fresh from a magazine. Love it.

Hannah said...

It looks beautiful!!

michelle said...

Wowsers Rebecca! Your house has made some major transistions since I was there! You have done an amazing job! Everything looks beautiful! :) I will be in town in about 4 weeks! Hopefully I will be able to see all of the pretty things you have been working on! :)

the bates motel said...

wow becca it looks like you have done a lot of work! it all looks great! way to go. it's so nice when your house feels more like a home!

donna said...

LOVE it all. Gorgeous home!

You need to come and help me with my home:)!! The T,V, WOW! That is every husband's dream:)!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

your house is so beautiful! You've done such an amazing job, i just love your style!

Mahana said...

Wow! I concur with EVERYONE. We've been in our house 3 years and I still have yet to buy let alone put up any decor! Though it is a little hard when jake wants to "approve" everything. I think he thinks my style is too loud. hmmm.

AnieCooper said...

What a beautiful home you have! You have such a great eye for design ;) Thanks for putting up some pics to hold us over!

miss you! love ya!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

i cant wait to see it in person!

carey said...

Man, you have such fabulous style, Rebecca! So, when are you going to come to Vegas and help me makeover my house, huh??? When???!!! :-)

Ranay said...

Becca, Thanks for the tour! What great finds. Love all your furniture. What great taste and the talent to put it all together - beautiful!

Jess Perry said...

You are awesome. I love it. Will you please come to my house next? I love your style, love the colors, love the christmas decorations...okay I just love everything.

Melissa E Photography said...

Your house looks so awesome! It must feel so good to be settled and to be putting all the finishing touches on everything.

Andrea said...

Looks great! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Sarah said...

come decorate my house for me will ya! lol. It looks great! you have such great taste.

The Dunns said...

Thanks for the sneak peek! I love it all! Can't wait to see more.

Amy said...

Your decorating is so beautiful!! Great job!

I really love my apothecary jars too!! And I do change mine out periodically also. :)

Christina said...

how fun!! i love all of it--great ideas to steal!

im thinking the dove is not your thing??

Blackner Family said...

Seriously your house is so adorable and so creative!! I also love that you put your shoes in that front door table thing! What a great idea!! And I love that you change things seasonaly (spell?) my mom always did that and I loved it!!