Nov 4, 2007

Tagged by Shireen

First of all a little shout out love to Shireen!!!!! Miss you and love ya!!!!

Here are the rules:
A. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
B. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog, for these rules.

1. I love straws! I keep straws in my house and use them 90% of the time. I just love them. I have a box of multi colored bendy straws right now that I am about half way through. I think I drink faster with a straw and I like not having to get my teeth cold when I drink ice water! I also think they remind me of my Grandmother. She always had, and still to this day, a straw dispenser that as kids we always thought was the coolest!

2. I am addicted to paper! I love love love pads of paper. All shapes and sizes. I love making lists and writing where ever I go so I usually have paper on hand! I get excited when I get free advertising pads of paper from realitors, banks and insurance companies! I am not sure what I am addicted to more. Do I love paper because I love making lists or do I love making lists because I have so much paper? It's the " what came first? The Chicken or the egg" question!!!

3. I love this seasons Bachelor! No really I do... I think he is the best one yet! I secretly would love to go on that show to see how far I could get because I think we would make a great pair... minus the me being married part and the fact that he owns bars and I don't drink and never will...oh and there's the thing about me having kids... well you know what I mean! I think he is A. yummy!!! B. so genuine! and C. so fine to look at!!! It's my secret fantasy crush!!!! Come on... we all have one!

4. I love make up! I love the way it can make me feel! If I am ever feeling a little under the weather or a little gloomy make up can quickly help change my mood. I feel put together and alive when I wear it! Thankfully I feel blessed to have great eyelashes and fuller lips for my family so I just love enhancing them. I would love to learn how to wear it differently. I feel like I always look the same when I apply it! I would love to learn how to do a smoky eye and other fun date night looks. I'm not that kind of girl who can't go out with out make up. I am as average as the rest of us and can go shopping "naked" and not be embarrassed. I just love to put it on and feel put together. As a mom I use it as my reminder that I am not just mom. I can still be a fresh, together and up to date woman!

5. Books books books! I can get a sort of high when I walk into a book store! There is something about brand new shiny books all together that makes my mouth water almost! I am an avid reader! I set a goal last year to read between 25-40 books by the end of this year and I am so close to meeting my goal! I simply adore a good book. It's not just the reading part I love, it's the romantic notion that I can escape my day and become connected to a different place and time! I love words! I love characters and I love endings! I could spend hours in a book store. I love book covers and admit to picking up a book based on it's cover. I read books based on few things. They have to either make me laugh, think or teach me. My favorite book is "The greatest Salesman on earth" by Og Mandino. He is a favorite author. For comedic draw I adore Janet Evonovitch. I love WWII topics and church novels as well. I have a list of great reads if you ever want any recommendations!

6. I don't often wear perfume! I have yet to find a signature sent. I don't oppose perfume... I just haven't found something I can handle for a long time! I get headaches from smells and that always seems to be the black ball that counts scents out! I once bit the bullet, while single, and spent $90 on a bottle of perfume from Nordstrom's that I fell in love with at the store. When I wore it one night this guy asked the group who had b.o.? I was horrified that my it might have been my perfume and I stopped wearing it! I think I sold it at a garage sale for $5. So I don't have a good history with fragrances!


ok.. I tag Ranay, Jessica, Megan, Annie, Julie, and Boo!!!!

15 comments:

Morph This said...

You can't tag me because I just tagged you. And I posted first.

Jamie C. said...

I love your honesty about the bachelor! That's hilarious. It is quite a good season I must admit!

Blackner Family said...

I have been watching the Bachelor too and think the Bachelor is great. He doesn't lead the girls on that he doesn't like, and I love that. I don't know who I want him to choose. I'm not really a fan of any of them. Who do you like?

Julie said...

You butthead!

Christina said...

too fun--the bachelor is a cutie..but im not a big fan of blonde boys..they need to be ALL the way dark boys!! im a total sucker for tall dark and handsome!! i say the same thing- id love to try it out and see how far i got!

you always crack me up-i love it!

Andrea said...

I loved your 6 things. I'm with you on the paper thing. I'm a huge list maker and paper user lol. Probably not too eco friendly though. You're b.o. perfume is cracking me up. Now I just have to know what kind of perfume it was!

Mama Bear said...

I just got tagged by another friend of mine for this same thing. Guess it's going around...kind-of like a cold or the flu! :)

I'm such a paper lover, too! I love all the color and the designs...love fabric, too! Yum!!!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

i had to skip the bachelor comment because i am a week behind and didnt want you to spoil it for me!

carey said...

I love straws and the bachelor too!!! :) Fun post, rebecca!

Bruce said...

I am SO with you on the books and the perfume. Love books, hate perfume. :) I've decided I like lotions better, they don't have such an overpowering smell.

Fun to read a few new insights into your world! :)

Jess Perry said...

I love this season of the bachelor too. And I love Jenni. I will think of six crazy things and post them...and I love the straw thing. That is so great about you! See you thursday at Bunco!

michelle said...

ohhh, this is a good post Rebecca! You are cracking me up with the bachelor! :)

kori said...

We miss you guys!

Ranay said...

Becca, Thanks for the tag. I was actually tagged by my sister last week. Loved reading a little bit more about you. I too enjoy reading, but rarely find the time and when I do, it seems I don't know what to read. So thanks for the suggestions.

regibells said...

So many fun things I didn't know about you. You are too cute! I am with you on the makeup thing girl. I didn't know you were such an avid reader. Where do you find the time...actually I know I could find it too If I got sucked into a really good book...I will start with your suggestions and come back for more if I get through them and like them.