Nov 25, 2007

Gettin' the job done... Finally!

So we had a painter lined up that quoted us an awesome deal on painting 5 rooms in our house! He said he was really busy during the Holidays and we understood. It's been weeks since we last talked and he doesn't return my calls! Thankfully we never gave him any deposits. He came with great references and everything but I just can't wait any longer! Finally Mike and I just decided to start painting ourselves! We just finished the girls room this weekend and we love how it all turned out! I'll finish decorating it this week and post pictures.It went so fast and was so easy! We only had to do one coat... that's the advantages of buying good paint!!!! Boo, you'd be proud!... I know I am cheap when it comes to a lot of things! I have been using "oops" paint that usually takes coat after coat but we want to do it right inside the home so we spent the money!!!

We'll next tackle our bedroom, a guest room and maybe the kitchen! But finally I feel like the house, one room at time, is becoming a home! It's been so fun finding a piece here and there to add to a room that pulls it all together! I have fallen in love with decorating! It's fun to have items in our home reflect our personality and add charm to a space! Everything we add to our space means something to me. Be it a favorite color, a memory reminder or a style of furniture, it all means something to me! We have a very eclectic taste but the underlying theme should always reflect our personality and I think we are achieving that!

I'll have plenty to show off in the next week or so! I am busy with project after project and feel like I am under the gun to get it done before Christmas!!!! It's taken long enough!!!!!!

12 comments:

Jamie C. said...

I'm anxious to see what you've done with your girls room. Doesn't paint make such a difference!? I think little girls rooms are so fun to decorate, I'm always wishing I had unlimited funds to spend on little girls and their bedrooms. As far as I can tell, you are a fabulous decorator and I've been storing up on ideas for our next home thanks to you!

Jess Perry said...

I want to come and see what you done. You are so great at stuff like that. You should teach classes or something. I would pay to come and learn from the master!!

Andrea said...

I can't wait to see pics. I love that kind of thing.

michelle said...

How fun Rebecca! It sounds like you have been busy having fun!!! I can't wait to see what you have been doing! :)

Brandi said...

I love painting, painting a home is so wounderful. It is to me what makes a house a home! I can't wait to see pictures.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I get more and more excited every day to see your house! I even had a dream about it last night after talking to you on the phone! christmas cant come soon enough!!!

donna said...

OH post pictures girl!!!!

That is what Ryan and i did in our first home. We painted every room. It took a few months. But we did it and we had fun :) .

Amber H. said...

I LOVE painting and decorating! I'm so jealous! I am getting ready to re paint our bathroom soon, so I'm excited! You need to tell me the kind of paint you bought that only needs one coat. I've tried several cheap brands as well as the more expensive and have never found a one coater yet. Please tell me your secrets! Can't wait to see the pics :o)

Mama Bear said...

So fun! It is so fun to paint and decorate! I can't wait to see what you have done!!

Christina said...

oh this is quite the photo teaser girl!!! im DYING! i dont know if i can wait till next WEEK to see photos..i'll be at the edge of my chair..i love your style of decorating too-i love that everything you own means something to you..

AnieCooper said...

I can't wait to see how the decorating and painting is coming along! Hurry and finish so you can post pics ;) Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving too. We miss you here in Cali! Love ya!

The Dunns said...

Your amazing! Painting is so much work, but so much fun when your finished. I'll be waiting for pictures.