Nov 30, 2007

Simple Pleasures...

It's way too easy for me sit here and list off all the things that annoy me or have been bothering me lately... That's what being home with sick kids will do to 'ya!!! But Yesterday while soaking in the tub ( one of my favorite things to do!) I was really aware at that moment of the wonderful blessing i have been giving and the small things that bring a smile to my face or a restful moment to my soul!

These are my simple pleasures I am grateful for lately...

- A pair of warm socks on cold tile! Need I say more!!!

- Finding Yoplait Yogurt on sale and reminding yourself that it really does taste better then the generic brand!


- My favorite recent find the Neutrogena Advanced Solutions At Home MicroDermabrasion System!!!! ( cue the singing angles and heavenly choir!) This was the best $33 bucks I have spent in months!I love love love this little guy! My skin feels amazing and I can tell my texture and look of my pores and skin tone have improved! It's like my own little spa get away each time I use it!!! But the hidden Simple Pleasure in this find is the fact that I gave in to a personal want and allowed myself to spend the money on myself. I rarely do that for pleasure items!

- Finding good shows on Demand!!! I love On Demand! I recently discovered that they have CBS shows like Survivor and Kid Nation... yes I like Kid Nation, on Demand!!!Whoo hoo... I always forget to set a recording and I have yet to master the set a series to record! Do you know how many Americas Next Top Models I have missed!!!! I love siting down for 40 min when the kids are asleep and watching a guilty pleasure with no commercials!


- Watching snow fall! One night we sat and ate dinner with all the shutters opened and just watched it snow! It was so beautiful and so relaxing! I forget about the pure beauty of fallen snow when I have to scrape it from my windshield!!! Seeing it fall and appreciating it's purpose is a reminder of Heavenly Fathers abilities to make beautiful things!

- A long phone call with a friend! I love almost more then anything my relationships with my girlfriends! I cherish friendships so much. I can rarely get off the phone with my SIL in under 45 min. And my sister and I talk multiple times a week and talk about nothing! That's the best!!! I recently talked to an old roommate from college for over an hour! Time stands still when I reunite with some one I love like that! Memories rush back and events are recalled that ignite happiness and nostalgia! If I can't be with my closest friends every day I'll gladly take a phone call as a plan B substitution!!!!

- Finishing a project! I seem to be neck deep in projects! I have things to do all over the house and yet I lack the motivation to just get it done! But on that special occasion I do find the desire to get started I sure do love the feeling of checking it off my list and getting a project completed!!!!

My life is a constant balancing act! Trying to balance the good with the bad, the enjoyable with the mundane! It's all what we signed up for! I just have to remind myself to not dwell on the bad and appreciate the good more! Life is a beautiful thing! We are so incredible blessed if we just take the time to realize the good that has been placed in our paths!

12 comments:

regibells said...

Baths are my favorite too! All your simple pleasures sound good right now. We need these to get through the day sometimes.

regibells said...

Okay one more thing....your house looks amazing! You have been busy girl!...and those chairs are perfect for you living room. Where did you end up finding them? You have a great eye for what looks good. Come to my house and share your ideas!

michelle said...

Rebecca, this post is something I needed to read. It has made me stop, and think...thank you girlfriend! :)

Julie said...

Your house looks amazing. It makes me want to chuck all my stuff and start over (too bad for me though). Thanks for the Nuetrogena tip. Something to add to the xmas list :)

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

Do what I do and watch Top Model on YouTube...all the episodes are up there! There are 2 different users who post the shows, so if one of them is slow to get it up, the other one will usually have it up! I LOVE TOP MODEL, minus Tyra...she's so obnoxious.

Megan said...

I had a moment exactly like this yesterday! All the sudden it hit me how grateful I was to have a microwave to heat up my soup in 2 minutes, a washer and dryer in my house, a dishwasher, all these things I take for granted, but really am so blessed to have! That nuetrogena thing sounds amazing!

Megan said...

Wanted to add, your home is breathtaking!!! Your hired to come and do the decorating at my house when we get one! I love your style!

carey said...

What a great post, Rebecca. I loved it. I'll have to check out that microdermabrasion system - awesome!!! I love Yoplait too. :) Great list.

Christina said...

holy cow or holy bird i won the contest?!?!? how funny..i didnt realize it was METAL!??! ya for me!! now a fear of birds!?!? what a freak you are!! im speechless!

ohhh im going to have to try that microbrasion thingy then--i asked for xmas your curling iron..they sell them at the OC swap meet...i dont know how much-hopefully not 130 or my mom will freak and call me spoiled!!

Shannan said...

I haven't been to your blog for awhile and boy was I glad I made time for a visit. Great list I have always wondered about the Neutrogena thing what I love is The Hills at mtv.com that's my secret enduldgence cause if Brock saw it on the DVR he'd think I was crazy! Also LOVE LOVE the house update it's looking great!

Jess Perry said...

Great post! And you are definately one of the wonderful blessing that has been put in my path! Thanks for being so awesome. Can't wait to see you Tuesday!

Amber H. said...

K, so I have totally wondered about that microdermabrasion kit...now I'm asking for it in my stocking! Thanks for the fun post :o)