Mar 9, 2009

Scattagories

Attention all... I just have to take a second and announce that Mike and I are still madly in love even after a good game of Scattegories. We've previously been banned from the game in some homes because of our lack of control when it comes to disputing answers! I think Rob and Steph still have recurring nightmares over the matter! They wouldn't even dare mention the game without regret!

Yesterday we had Mikes family over for dinner and games and it was all too wonderful. I guess Mike and I have both matured when it comes to competitive nature!Fun was had by all and no one came to blows!

Do you guys ever get heated when playing games! I'm not competitive by nature but Mike seems to love getting under my skin...only he has that magic power over me! For real this was real problem in our first few years of marriage. Now I just laugh it off and find it endearing almost!

Also I just wanted to apologize to Tiff and Josh for tramatizing them with pictures from my Bradly Method Natural child birth book!!!! No woman should have nipples that large and yes...the 70's are over and it's more then acceptable to do a little grooming down there now a days!

11 comments:

Megan said...

Glad to hear that we'll still be SIL's! I've never heard the story of what happened with that game, you'll have to tell me sometime! Thanks for the description of the pictures in your book, now I think I might be scarred, even without seeing them!

donna said...

Ryan's family are big gamers. We play boardgames with my in-laws all the time. Oh and My FIL gets very over-heated. when he plays games. I can't be on his team, Because he yells at me.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

this is the best news ever! i have been waiting for the day when we could play a good game of scategories as a family again, I just thought the day of your divorce would come before then! lol!

and stop it with the big nipple talk, you have me feeling self conscious! :)

Andrea said...

Your description of the pics is too much. We had to watch a video similar to this in our child development class so I'm pretty sure that the lady in the book is probably the same lady in the movie...from your description anyways lol.

Josh and Tiff said...

hahahhaah. yeah seriously. i can still see the image branded in my brain. and yeah, scattergories was fun! i absolutely love that game. thanks again for having us over!! it's always so fun!

Elise said...

Hm. Interesting. Jason and I also had to make a rule that if we ever played Scattergories we had to be on the SAME team or we don't play at all. What's with that game? We played it once on opposite teams before we got married, and after the game my sister was like, "um, are you sure this is going to work out between you two?" She was kind of joking, but I saw the concern in her eyes :) Ha ha (that's kind of an uncomfortable chuckle because. . . well. . . how embarrassing for me and Jason).

tara said...

ha. i've seen the book and YES! for the LOVE of all things decent (and your OB!) GROOOOOOOM groom groom. holy sasquatch.


FYI...if we ever play games together, be prepared. jeff cheats.

Bryn said...

Holy Cow! Austin and I learned a dear lesson early in our marriage when we played Men are from Mars Women are from Venus. We have strict ground rules around here...Yahtzee is our favorite these days! :) I love how candid you are in your blogs! :)

carey said...

how I can relate!!! Remember my Scattergories post a few months ago? :) It's a miracle we're still together...

Morph This said...

ummm.. i am always.. i repeat always the moderator when baker and i play mafia. because we can't play that game together. wow.. thinking about being stuck on the houseboat at powell with him after the last time we played makes me cringe.

i feel ya.

regibells said...

I am glad that Steve and I aren't the only ones who get fired up when it comes to games and the "rules"....It drives me nuts...he has to read the rules in every game and stick to them like glue....at least his "interpretation" of them...did I tell you I fell in love with him over a game of spoons? LOL...I am not kidding! We can both be very competitive.