Mar 2, 2009

Mornings

Thankfully my girls are not the kind to greet the sun as it creeps over the mountains. By 7:30-8 I have two snuggle bugs, one on each side warming my sleepy body! It's my favorite time of day. I'm pretty lucky. I 'm still not tied to strictly to morning demands but that's all about to change. I'll soak in my morning luxury as long as I can then fully give in to the demands of a school schedule and a baby as my alarm clock.

Cricket starts Kindergarten this summer and I've been so torn on what to do. They offer a.m. and a p.m. class choice and I went back and forth on what to pick! I'd never call myself a morning person but I do have to say I'm completely capable of becoming one. I have an easy time adjusting to the point that if I have to be up a certain time my body tortures me all night long making myself wake up every 20 minutes to check the clock! It's horrible!

I loved the idea of having her up and out the door early when she is at her best and home in time to enjoy the afternoons with us. The idea of fighting with her every morning in the "get dressed" department was the only thing keeping me from loving the morning idea! You all know my struggles with this!

Afternoon was so appealing mainly for the clothing issues but she would be home all morning and then gone from 12:30-3:30 basically meaning if I didn't get out in the morning or when she's at school by the time she did get home the days pretty much almost done!

It's a flip of a coin some days but I finally came to the conclusion that I need to bite the bullet and put her in the morning class. I think it's just better for all of us! That way I can get her out the door, get my house work done and pick her up and be ready for whatever the day has to offer. She'll be more alert in the morning and we will have had less time to tick each other off before she needs to go.

Of course I'm worried about the getting dressed part! I told her we'll be picking her outfits out for the week and there will be no time to change her mind. Cross your fingers.

I still can't believe she'll be in school soon! Kindergarten orientation went great. She can't wait!

5 comments:

tara said...

oh sister AM kindergarten is the ONLY WAY TO GO! you'll be SO GLAD! my kids still came home and took a nap it they needed one and we had the rest of the day to play.

has anyone ever told you how cute you are pregnant? seriously? :)

Megan said...

oh, wow! She's getting so big! I think you made a good choice for am. Believe it or not, I have already contemplated what I'll do when Kate goes and I think AM is a good choice. That way they need less adjustment in 1st grade and it helps you get your day going! Good luck with in the clothing dept. I know your creative and will come up with a good solution!

donna said...

I loved AM kindergarten. It is nice to have my children out the door early. Plus two of my children still enjoyed a little afternoon nap after kindergarten .


Wow enjoy those lazy mornings. IT will be over soon. :)

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

this was a toss up for us too, until the school said "never mind, youi dont have a choice all kindergarten is in the morning!" I was leaning more towards afternoons for one reason or another, but i am honestly glad he is in the morning now. sure there are hectic mornings, but there may have been hectic afternoons too! heck, we have church at 2pm and for some reason we still rush around to get out the door on occasions! you just never know. Also, youre going to have to get used to mornings sooner or later- if not now, then by 1st grade. just bite the bullet and get ready for the battle! Lol

Sarah said...

I did not put Mikayla in AM because ours starts at 7:50am!!! No I'm not kidding. It is just so early there was no way I would be able to get her up and out the door by then. most days she is still asleep at 8.