Dec 14, 2008

Took the day off!

Ever had one of those Sundays where you just needed time to yourself and you needed to take the day off! Well I cashed in on one of those days and totally took it off today!I skipped church not because I was sick or taking care of sick kids. I just needed to. A whole three hours to myself to relax, reflect and do whatever sure sounded good!

But when the three hours was just about to start, Cricket wrecked it! She put up a huge fight about not being able to bake bread with me and barricaded herself in her room. There I was, ready to be alone and I was having a stand off with a 5 year old! Mike and Blue were already in the car and late and I too wanted to have a temper tantrum at that moment! Long story short Crick was my side kick for the next three hours. I made her stay in her room for the first hour as a punishment for ruining my afternoon and being a pain. I sat in the next room having to listen to her ask every 5 min. if it had been an hour! Grrrrrrrr! It wasn't really panning out how I'd like!

I was able to spend time on line, listen to Church music and bake some bread. I also got caught up on the last episod of Survivor before tonights finale! I folded laundry and cleaned a little! I know it doesn't sound like the typical things one would want to get done when they have the chance to be "alone" but I just wanted to get ahead and that relaxes me! Still I had this nagging shadow checking in often asking for a snack or a game! Oh well. I guess my one Sunday a year I take off wasn't ideal but it still rejuvinated me a little and I felt it was worth it!

I was able to make a rock star meal for dinner with all teh time I had to prepare!I made Chicken Cordon Bleu and veggies and the hoem made bread topped the meal off perfectly! I christened my Kitchen Aid today!!!! I think I love that thing like a child! Check out my FAMILY BLOG to see all the yummy treats I've been making lately! I'm loving cooking lately! All I lack is a chefs hat!

Hope you all had a great Sunday!!!!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

you totally deserve it. everyone needs some time like that sometimes.

donna said...

Sometimes mom needs a little alone time. So sorry you weren't able to have that time.

I will check your family blog to see all the yummy treats.:)

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

hmmmmm, now that i dont have a calling, maybe i will get a day off!

carey said...

Long time, no "see!" I've missed your blog, Rebecca! I'm anxious to catch up on it & check out your family one, too. (btw, I've had plenty of those Sundays - I say cash in when you are having those days...). ;)

tara said...

totally GET IT. i had one LAST week. it was lovely. I, for one, missed you, but i'm glad you had your R&R.(sort of).

michelle said...

It does sound like you accomplished a lot! Some days it is such a good feeling to be able to stay home, and get a step ahead.

I sure miss you! How are you feeling?