Dec 10, 2008

Ode to Grandma's Spaghetti

Oh my you amazingly amazing bowl of memories and goodness! Nothing quite takes me back like a bowl of my Grandma's Spaghetti. It's like nothing you've ever tasted. It's woodsy and hearty and only gets better with time as the flavors marry into each other as it sits and waits for re visitors in the refrigerator!

This aint no " open a Jar" of sauce sort of meal. It's a chop and measure and remember how you felt as you walked into Grandmas kitchen as a little girl and sat on her yellow stool to watch her cook. It's a finish a bowl of it secretly before dinner time and still eat a bowl when dinner really starts! It's a reminder of the woman you adore and of her mom and of the story behind it's ingredients and measurements.

There are a few amazing family recipes to cherish. Ones that stir up feelings and emotions. Ones that totally embody someone special to you. This is that recipe for me! Purple Grandma will always sit beside me in the kitchen as I dice celery and break noodles and as I savor that first bite of her special Spaghetti.

6 comments:

Bruce said...

Cute post. I love that certain foods and smells bring back the best memories. Now I need to know the recipe of this famous spaghetti, it looks yummy!

donna said...

I have many "Comfort Food" that bring back a lot of wonderful memories.

Morph This said...

while you were eating purple grandmas spaghetti, i was chillen at cowgirl cafe with her in the flesh. life is good for the both of us.

tara said...

ah. sloppy joes do the same thing for me and my grandma:) those really are the best kind of memories:)

Andrea said...

It was tacos for my grandma, they always tasted better at her house for some reason:)

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

Oh no! I am totally craving that now!!!