Jul 2, 2008

Travel log...







I'm trying to accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative in life so I'll just barely scratch the surface of what made my trip less then perfect!!! Basically I was unaware my license was expired and didn't find out until I was trying to pick up my rental car! Valid drivers licenses are must apparently!!! Who'd a thunk it!

There was way more fun then folly so lets just dive into all that was wonderful in AZ!!!

First of all Step was more then willing and happy to pick up her disheveled friend at the airport! I meet my nephew for the first time ever and fell in love fast! What a hunk of a perfect baby!!!So cute! I can't tell you how fun it was to spend time with my niece and nephews without my own kids vying for my attention. It was a blast to play with them! Rob and Steph are always a high light!! I have to tell you all...if you can swing it some how get your brother or brother in laws to marry one of your best friends!!! It makes for wonderful family gatherings and vaca's!!! Love you Steph!!!! And she has done so many things to her beautiful home!!!! POST PICS lady!!!

Thanks to the generosity of Rob and Steph I was able to borrow a car and still keep my plans with some good friends!

Michelle is a must see when ever I can swing it!!! A much needed girls day!!! Sarah her adorable daughter and the two of us headed to Down Town Mesa to a hot spot with all the shops a girl could want that I affectionatly named "The Lane!" Domestic Bliss is a store I blog stalk and it was even better in person! Dripping with style and vibrant colors and oodles of goodies. Sadly I still have to pay for my "unrented" rental car so that weighed on my mind and unfortunately kept my wallet in my purse most of the day!

WE had the best lunch ever! Tia Rosa may have had a lack of combos but no more complaining from me!!!I have never before had a better shrimp taco!I'm still dreaming of it!!! and the green salsa was HEAVENLY!!!Hope you liked it Steph! Thanks again Michelle for a wonderful meal!We ended our visit just visiting with the family and relaxing!!! A perfect visit!!!!

Off to one of my best friends on bed rest!!!Shireen is one of those people who I just love and will love forever! We were fast friends in a college ward and close ever since. I can't tell you how fun it was to see her with her belly!!!She only has a few more weeks left and we all can't wait to see little miss!!! It was just like old times, as if no time had passed between our last visit!!! The only thing that would have made that visit more nostalgic was is we would have started to quilt while watching Gilmore Girls!!! Ah the good old days!!

Bryn was just around the corner from Shireen and it was my last stop for the day!!! Note to self.... never pass through AZ without stopping at Bryns house if you can help it!!!!! Talk a bout a good time!!!She was the cutest thing ever!!! Looking as beautiful as ever and I swear she's taller!Maybe I'm shrinking!!! Just as I remember her from college!!!Fun, beautiful and ready for a good laugh!!! The good laughs came the moment she whipped out her box of college photos!!!Let's just say we both had a good laugh at our outfits and hair!!!Were short-all's really in in 1999?!!???? come on now!!! story after story and embarrassing moment after embarrassing moment!!! Ricks College really was a time in my life I will always love!!! Roommates like Bryn made it all the more perfect!!!

Bryn and her family are too cute and she made the best dinner for me that is already on my menu for this week!! Thanks Austin for getting me unlost!! Good thing Dax went to bed that night because I was this close to taking him home with me!!!! Oh that kid!!!!

All in all the trip was a great!!! Those of you who know what else I went through understand my new found love of staying right where I am!

Thanks everyone for a wonderful trip!I am so glad that all my closest friends seem to be doing so well!!!! Love ya all!

Mike had a great time with the girls!!! Everyday was a fun filled Daddy daughter day that he and the girls still talk about!!! I have the best husband ever!It was so great to see them when I got home!I didn't know how much I missed them until I saw them again!!!

17 comments:

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

So great to see you, I was sad when you left but so happy you came to visit! Thank you to you and Steph for the baby gifts! I'm less pleased about the super chunky photo, but at least I'm chubby with a purpose :). Thanks again for coming to visit, it was fantastic (though too short)!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I agree with shireen- next time stay longer! i miss you already!

donna said...

fun fun!!! thanks for sharing the pictures with us :)

M+J=K3+E said...

Glad you had fun despite the downs of the trip. Angie told me all about it at playdate yesterday. It is amazing how much you miss the fam even though they can drive you crazy. I left the fam for 8 days while in Austrailia and had a blast but couldn't wait to see them.

Jamie C. said...

You know how jealous I am don't you? Seriuosly jealous! I wish I could have seen you too! You look FABULOUS! Gald you had so much fun!

Amy said...

Great Pictures! I love Shireen's belly and am so excited to hear she is doing well. Sorry about the rental car thing - yuck!

Brandi said...

wow, sounds like you had a really fun time. Ur pictures look ike you had a blast...even despite could have happened. :)

Elise said...

I'm glad that you had such a great time! Love the pictures!

Jillyboo said...

What a fun, fun trip. Good for you for doing something like that. And what a sweet hubby you have to encourage you to go.

Andrea said...

Cute pics. Glad that you had a good trip, well, besides the drama, but you can quickly forget that right?

Bruce said...

How fun is this? I think everyone should have a getaway all by themselves. So fun to see Shireen. I can't wait to see pictures of their baby girl! :)

Amber H. said...

I'm glad you had a good trip, although I'm curious now as to what else went wrong while you were here besides the rental car?? It's so fun to see old friends! I'm glad you were able to come, even if you were too far away for me to come and see you! :o)

Christina said...

So glad you had a great trip. It's so fun to visit old friends!

Bryn said...

You are the best to come see us and meet my little family! I can't wait to do the same later this month! Seriously, that was such a fun treat to have you in my home and laugh like the good ol' days!! You are still the most fun girl ever!

carey said...

How fun!!! The pictures are great! How I would love to meet both you and Michelle....someday I hope. :)

Megan said...

Fun trip! I bet you had a GREAT time going ALL by yourself! I love the way you set up all the pictures! You'll have to teach me how to do that some time!

E Winzeler said...

Yea, glad your trip was a blast! See you at Bunco!