Jun 20, 2008

Lost, pain and drool.Yep! That about sums it all up!

I can't find my thing-a-ma-jig that up loads my photos. Darn!!! I had some fun stuff to show you all.... It will have to wait I guess!!!!

I went to the doctor yesterday for my knee and my jaw!!! My knee was getting worse and while I was paying a copay I thought I'd throw in the jaw pain for good measure! So basically I have an inflamed knee and cartilage issues, what ever that means and I have TMJ. I got a prescription for an anti inflamatory and had to pick up a mouth gard to sleep with at night to help my jaw.

So here's how my night went last night witht he new fancy mouth gaurd. I put it in all excited for possible relief only to look back in the mirror in horror seeing a stranger looking back!It's not pretty! Trust me! I lay in bed trying desperatly not to think about the fact that I have a huge plastic tray in my mouth that my upper lip doesn't even cover and I can feel spit swimming in my mouth. That obsessive thougt process went on for oh about a few hours. When I finally started nodding off I was only to quickly woken up by the gross feeling of drool seaping onto my cheek and onto my pillow!!!GROSS!!! That was it! Lost sleep and a drenched pillow were not helping the cause so out it came! Not sure if I can ever get used to such a contraption.

Today I'm just beign lazy! 11:11 and still in my robe...gotta love it!

13 comments:

Angie said...

I love lazy days. I had one of those today too. I won't tell you how late it was before I got dressed though. :)
I had to wear one of those mouth guard things at night in highschool for my orthodontic follow-up. I hated it! I would wake up the next morning and find the thing thrown across the room. I wouldn't even remember having thrown it. I hope your knee gets better soon! What did they say they were going to do about it?

Laura said...

I have TMJ too and the dentist has recommended I get a guard too, but they are like $300 since insurance doesn't cover it. And after hearing this story now I really don't want one!

carey said...

I love being in my robe until 11:11 a.m. somedays. :) Nothing wrong with that once in a while! Sorry you haven't felt well. TMJ is no fun - yuck! BTW, love your Blue Cricket logo - your are right SO YOU!!! :)

Jess Perry said...

Okay, I had a lazy day yesterday too. Next time I am having a lazy day, I am just going to come over to your house and we will sit in our robes together!!

tara said...

mouth guard huh? bet you're still a hot little number. I mean, have you SEEN the picture in your banner? you are a BABE and a half. Seriously:)

So glad you liked Goose girl. It would be good for book club.

Thanks for all of the invites lady. SERSIOUSLY appreciate it:) Love your VIP blog, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh weird, I have TMJ too! We have much in common.... Sorry it has taken a year and a half to respond to your email but rest assured I have been picking up little trinkets and treasures to send you for the swap. They are mostly little things I love and after reading through your bog I am pretty sure we are twins sould so I think you'll love it too!

Melissa E Photography said...

Don't you hate feeling like an old lady with all of these aches and pains! Drooling on the pillow takes the cake though. That stinks! I hope it starts feeling better!

Morph This said...

Did you know that your sister over here has TMJ too.. she got it from that ridiculous accident she was in, and she wears a guard too.. well I am suppose to but don't.

When I do though, I find that it helps. Keep at it.

Christina said...

dang you really are falling apart old lady! geesh!

i love your logo! so cute!!

Christina said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, Rebecca!

donna said...

so sorry you have TMJ!!!!!!


LOVE the new LOGO !

M+J=K3+E said...

Thanks Becca. So sorry to hear about your knee and TMJ. Life is great isn't it. We love lazy days too. I almost took a picture of Kaleb the other day. He was wearing his baseball hat, underwear, and sandals and this was at 4:00 pm. Needless to say, we were quite lazy that day and didn't do anything :)

michelle said...

Night gaurds! I too have TMJ. I am such a bad canidate for help! I had a night gaurd made for my mouth. After many nights of feeling like I was going to choke to death, in my sleep it came to an end. The end was, me throwing the gaurd across the room every single night. I have no recolection of it!!! I am sooooooooooo excited to see you Saturday!!!!! We will have tons of fun!!!