Jun 17, 2008

The Good !The Bad and the Ugly!

Let's start with the good!!! Ok...I'd rather call it the fantastic!!!Introducing my very own!Super cool!!! Never thought I'd have such a great logo but now I do..... Blue Cricket Design Logo!!!
How cute is that!!!! Thanks to a super talented, amazing, awesome gal and friend we like to call Hannah, I have this great logo for my business! Jump over to my Blue Cricket Design blog to see it in action!!! Thanks again Hannah for showing off your mighty talents for me! I love love love it!So simple and so perfect and so me! (not that I'm perfect!!HAHA but so my style!)

More for the GOOD department... we had a great turn out for the first ever book club meeting!I was worried, and still am, because it's a church book club!We'll see how it goes! It's not like I read bad books but when it's a group full of church ladies, all not being as cool as Tara and Shelly and Jennifer and Angie, it may get stale. We picked our first book and I can't wait to get started! The girls stayed way past the meeting just to chat and get in our girl time!I so love this group of girls and this ward is proving to be one of our favorites!

We'll be reading Small Change by J. Belinda Yandell.

Also good...Fathers Day!!!Gotta love a day that we can shower our special men with special attention and foot rubs!!! I (heart) my hubby!!!He's a great dad and we had a wonderful Sunday together honoring him!

Now for the BAD... Not sure when, not sure how, not sure why, but my knee is so messed up!!! It's like I've become this old lady and my body is slowly turning on me and turning me into an 80 year old!!! My left knee is shot. It's swollen and achy it's just one more part of my body that ages faster then the rest of me!!!It must be my left side because on my left my knee, jaw and shoulder are all giving me attitude!!! Can you really hurt your jaw by sleeping on it wrong!!! that's my only explanation. My shoulder sucks because I raised two 105th percentile babies and toddlers on my left arm and I favor sleeping on that side!!! So what the heck is wrong with my knee and jaw!!!

I better start buying convalescent care insurance! I'll be in a home sooner then I will qualify for Senior Citizen discounts at Denny's!

Another bad... So yesterday I get two comments on my blogs. One being my family blog and then this private blog. I had no idea who they were from. The name was ambiguous and the tiny picture by the comment was too small to recognize anyone in it. And I was pretty sure I only sent out invites to people I knew! When I tried to jump to their blog from their comment it sent me to a page that read Profile not found! Great!!! DEAD end! So I first go and block them from my private blog seeing as I have no clue who they are or how they got in. I was so curious who they were because they sounded like they knew me but never identified them selves.

I finally posted a "I'm trying to figure out who you are post" and this morning figured it all out but not before totally making this sweet person feel bad. YIKES!!! What was I to do!!! I had no way of knowing who they were!!! Luckily it was a sweet girl from my ward. Had I been able to jump on her blog I SOOOOO would have known. She felt so embarrassed. HELLO!!! I'm the lame-o over here!!! I had to ASK who was out there! Oh the joys of blog embarrassment!!!

Hopefully it got all cleared up and she feels welcomed on my blog!!!! I am so looking forward to getting to know her more!

And CRAZY how an invite got sent out with out my knowing it!!! I'm still wondering how that happened.

Has that ever happened to you guys!?

Now for the UGLY... So I bought two Angel Food cakes for the book club and we collectively as a book club only ate one of them. Sadly I must confess that I polished off the entire second cake by myself over the following few days! Now that's ugly...but man was it good!!!

so girls... in the future if you ever come to my house and see a dessert made for the said gathering, PLEASE, please, PLEASE help eat it. We know what I'm capable of!!!You've been warned!

6 comments:

Bruce said...

I LOVE the Logo for your company! Love how simple and cute it is!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

excuse me but i claimed that logo in my head a long time ago, so you need to remove it and change the name of your company too- there can only be one blue cricket design and my lame website was here before your blog.
(hey whatever happened with that story? you emailed her and never heard from her again?)

Anyway, that logo is so you- adorable and perfect! It makes me want to get a cute logo for my business... oh wait, I need to decide on a name first and not change it every other month!

And you are coming to see me?!?! When?! Call me!!!

Angie said...

Sorry to hear that you hurt your knee! Let me know if I can do anything like watch your kids while you go to the doctor, etc. I'm excited for our next get together. It was fun hanging out at your house the other night for "book club." Oh, is that what we were doing? I left forgetting all about the actual "book" part of it. :)

AnieCooper said...

Love the company logo :) TOO CUTE! Glad Mike had a great Father's Day! Glad to hear that you are doing a book club...hope you continue to enjoy it!

I've been off work for this week then I go back to work next week! Entirely new group of kiddos for 6 weeks...

I have so much to do! YIKES

Well, we go to Vegas for the weekend. I'm so excited...I'll have tons of pics I am sure ;)

Have a great weekend! miss you!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

one more thing, in the blog post, the link to blue cricket doesnt take you to your boutique- you typed in desing, so it takes you to a page to register a new blog. i know i can get to your boutique by the sidebar, but i just thought i would let you know!

Elise said...

Perfect logo. Perfect.