Apr 17, 2009

Adios 20's

That's right folks! Today is my last day as a twenty somethinger! Yes I just made that word up!!! Good by 20's hello 30!!! I have always been one who embraces getting older! I can remember so clearly the day I turned 15! I kept telling everyone I was half way to 30! Strange huh! I defiantly have an old soul! I just love everything about getting older! I'm never going to be the kind of person who is embarrasses of my age! Isn't there something to be said about a years worth of groth and experiances?! I sure think so!

I do have this strange urge to do something crazy today!As if to take advantage of my 20's and have the excuse that's it's so ok becasue I was young! Maybe get something pierced or a tattoo! Just kidding! I do have this mean craving to chop my hair off and give myself a makeover!

One thing I know I'm going to work on, as I age gracefully he he, is to be a little more conciouse of my health! I take advantage of it too often. I'm going to make a huge effort to eat better and become more active! So no more drive throughts and junk! If I eat out it's going to be at Subway or it's a salad or a heathier option. That's a pretty good gift to myself right!

So see ya later 20's! You've been great! I'll miss ya but have too much to look forward to to shed any tears!

13 comments:

Brittany said...

YAY for being an old (and proud) 30 year old! I'm the same way, I was SOOOOOOO excited to turn 30. I'm finally an official adult! Now you will be, too! So far being 30 is the best time of my life yet. I hope you have a GREAT birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

donna said...

wow! You are so young girl :)

donna said...

HAPPY Birthday sista.:)

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

i didnt care about aging til this year and all of the sudden i find myself freaking out about it all. like i do not want wrinkles too soon, i dont want disease and aches and pains. gray hair is fine, then my roots wouldnt show as fast, lol.
but also i just love this stage of life with little kids and if i grow up, that means they grow up too. i want them to be my little ones forever and i hate the thought ot that changing. thats my deal with aging, i guess.

Unknown said...

I hope you have a wonderful birthday tommorow!

BTW, about the post where you had the blahs - I agree with the lady who said it DOES get better. No it doesn't get less busy or more sane, but they get older and can take care of themselves more. Plus if you discipline now (like you are) when they're young, they get it more when they're older. (No they're not perfect but a lot better!) Hang in there, you're doing great!!!

Christina said...

Hope you have a fantastic birthday!

Megan said...

CHOP IT! I'm chopping mine in a few months, once I am back down to my normal size. I don't want to be fat with short hair, it makes my face look too round! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BTW! I hope you're day is great!

Laura said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad you are embracing getting older. I am not embracing it! I swear I have more fine lines since I turned 30 on Monday. My imagination? Perhaps. But I did have my first gray hair earlier this year. Yikes!!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthdy my dear :) I feel the same about aging, doesn't scare me a bit...

Jamie C. said...

Happy Birthday. ANd don't go start eating all healthy, that's boring. Stay active yes, but eat healthy? No way.

Julie said...

Happy 30th. Love you lots :)

Julie said...

(yesterday)
still love you today though

AnieCooper said...

30 has been pretty good for me! I mean the day after my 30th bday lil'Sophie arrived! bring on the 30s!!!