Feb 15, 2009

V Day


I love me some Valentines Day!!!! I'm not that kind of gal who needs long stem roses, reservations and limo rides! I'm a simple sort of girl! All I really need, all I really want is chocolate dipped strawberries! Not because they are my favorite, but they do rank right up there!! More so because it shows that Mike knows me well enough to know that that simple treat is all it takes to make me smile on V Day!

The girls and I decorated the house with hearts and paper chains and made raspberry cupcakes and waited for Mike to get home! I asked the girls what they wanted me to write on their Valentines to Mike and I got some pretty good answers.

Blue had this to say...

"Thanks for snuggling me at night"
" Sweetie Poop!"
" You give good swings!"

Crick had this to say...

"Thanks for sharing your Beef Stick"
"You have the BEST face in the world!"

Nice huh!!!

Mike came home with treats in hand for all his girls! He had a uber yummy strawberry cream chocolate cake and a single slice of Red Velvet cake for me! I didn't see strawberries but was too excited for the thoughtful treats to care! We gave him his basket of love that included his fav candy and beef jerky and then he pulled out with a smerk on his face my coveted Chocolate dipped wonders!!! HE IS THE BOMB!!!!!!!!

So even though Blue was sick and we couldn't do much all day and he had school and we ended up at Home depot and Subway for dinner ( By the way, when they say EVERY sub if now only $5, it's a lie!) it was the perfect V Day!!!Being together as a family is the best! It was so great lovin up on my girls all day and cuddeling my man while watching a movie at night!!!!

It really was a perfect Valentines!


"

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Glad you had such a great day!

AnieCooper said...

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful Vday :) xoxo

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

how fun! mike can be sweet i guess sometimes...

and no way about the jazz game! i wouldve loved to see that!

and now for sure i want a kitchen aid. i want to make that bread! rob says he will buy it for me if i do that certain something that shouldve been my sewing machine reward. i dont think that is worth it though...

Morph This said...

i want a strawberry right now. and you forgot to call me yesterday. love you too.

donna said...

sounds like a prefect V-day.:)

michelle said...

It sounds like it was a Happy day at your house! :)