Feb 5, 2009

Motivation by Humiliation!

There's nothing like public humiliation to get you to change!I have a dirty little secret and the only way I thought I'd change is if I aired my dirty laundry so to speak!!!

Speaking of Laundry...I HATE DOING IT!!!!Not so much the getting the dirty cloths into the washer and dryer. It's the folding and putting away part that kills me! I just can't seem to get those last two steps finished!

Typically my laundry room is a pit! I'll often dress me kids and myself out of the clean cloths in the dryer or basket and cleverly fold just Mike's so he doesn't bother me to fold. Sad huh! This is often what my laundry looks like....Don't judge!We all have something like this in our lives!

Those are all clean cloths just sitting waiting to be put away!

You can't even open the door all the way because I have stored stuff in there that doesn't have a home!It's seriously so embarrassing!

Well yesterday while talking to Step I voiced my dread knowing it was time to tackle the space! Steph also has a equal hate for laundry issues so we challenged each other to get on top of it and show off our results on our blogs! I'm always more motivated when it's a challenge or I can do it with a friend!

So now for the big unvailing!

And yes... it's a new favorite room in the house!I'm not freaked out any more if I see the door wide open in fear some one will come to the front door and peek in and see my deep dark secret! It's so clean I may just have a picnic in there today!

Ok Steph! I hope you had as much sucess as I did!!!

10 comments:

Bruce said...

Never in a million years would I have guessed you had a hidden room like this. Makes me feel much better about my 4! :) Seriously thank you for sharing, makes me feel a little more normal!

Amber H. said...

K, so you are definitely not alone in this one! We have had clothes hanging on our dryer rack in our living room (no less) for over a week. I just CAN'T bring myself to put them away! Maybe now this is the motivation I need. I'm glad I'm not the only one that struggles with this!

Megan said...

If I had a laundry room, it would probably look like yours did. Instead the floor of my bedroom closet looks like that! I hate folding too! At least you fold Mikes clothes! Your new, clean room looks fantastic, way to go!

donna said...

OH i so hate laundry. BUT i do it because i have too. I wish there was a laundry fairy.:)

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

hmmm......

i admit, i havent touched it yet!

BUT IN MY DEFENSE our trip to CA through me totally off schedule and I have been playing makeup on my homework all week. I havent been lazy at all, its just that yet again my clothes are on the back burner...

i hate laundry...

i will post soon though, I promise!

and also, mine is 100 times worse than yours.

not to mention i now have suitcases full of clothes and in order to be TOTALLY done I still have to unpack. And I dont have another trip planned yet, so my suitcases wont be unpacked til who knows when?!

AnieCooper said...

looks good ;)

Sarah said...

You are not alone! I hate to fold! but my laundry room can't get like that cause I dont have one that big. and it's also my entrance from the garge! but the mess is often in my room!

Elise said...

Ahhh, delightful. Definitely picnic worthy!

michelle said...

I need a little challenge to get mine looking like yours! Good job! :)

Josh, Kim & Kids said...

I love you honesty in this post. It was great seeing you tonight!