Nov 14, 2008

wait...what day is it!?

I always ask myself that question each morning!I really never know!I have to relate the going ons of the day before to really know what day it is!Oh yeah !Bunco last night so that makes it FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I love a Friday!No reason really! They are pretty much the same as any day but tonight I have our wards Fab. Friday craft extravaganza and I can't wait wait wait to get that huge ordeal crossed off my list! It will be fun but I just love getting big things like that behind me!

So here's the pants update! I picked up a pair of Mama jeans at Old Navy yesterday. Not in love with them but at least they were on sale for $25. I know $25 is a great price for Maternity jeans but I never pay that much for jeans...EVERRRRRR!!!! Need I remind you all I am the Queen of Cheap!!!Steph may be the Queen of the Universe but I take the title for CHEAP! So it hurt to fork out the dough. So far I've been getting by with my "fat" jeans, rubber bands and ( don't throw stones sister!!! BOO HATES that I shop in the kids department!) jeans size 14 and 16 that have that oh so lovely elastic adjustable waist band for kids! I do have a few pair of mama jeans but those are for later in the growing process.

WELLLLLLL, Today I scored about 5 pair of jeans all bought second hand from Kid to Kid the childrens consingment store!Last time I was there I noticed they sold maternity and it's really been the best find ever! All in great shape and if worn like most preggo pants they only fit for a few months and then rendared useless and sworn at and begrudgingly packed away! So 3 jeans, 1 cord, one jean short and a jean jacket later I walked away only spending $41. That's more like it! So all my other friends who have growing bellies as well adn if you aren't icked out by second hand...it's calle dwashing them girls, then see if your local K to K has anything to offer! I may be cheap but I hate even more spending $$ on cloths I can't wear very long!

Miek has this weekend off so we have a londry list of things to get done before we head to CA next week! I love a busy weekend!It always makes for a great nights sleep on Saturday and crazy car conversations with teh kids!

Happy weekend everyone!

9 comments:

AnieCooper said...

Glad to hear you got your pants under control ;) That's awesome that you foudn all that stuff for $41! That's awesome :)

So we still need to plan our get together while you are in town :) Let me know when you're available! We could have Jamie & Jenny join us with the girls ;)

Can't wait to see you!!! Love u!

Bryn said...

Hey you! I had a lot to catch up on your personal blog. I hadn't been in awhile since you were taking your break and I am so glad you are back!! First of all, thanks for the tribute with the all girl family. You obviously know what you are doing with the female gender, that's why they keep coming! I can't imagine a better woman raising beautiful girls in this day and age. You are SPECIAL!! Love ya!

Megan said...

What a great deal! You ARE the queen of cheap! I'm lucky my sister let's me borrow all her stuff, cause I can never find deals that good!

carey said...

I love a bargain! Way to go! I'm so excited about your girl #3, Rebecca. :-) Are you coming up with names yet? Have fun in Cali!

donna said...

wow $41. I need to go shopping with you.
Enjoy your busy weekend. :)

Andrea said...

Great score on the maternity stuff! I never bought much either, it was too dang expensive!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I would like to fight you for the title "Queen of Cheap", I am pretty cheap myself. I will award you the title "Queen of Bargains" because I am always jealous of your finds!
Kid to Kid is the best! I have only been their 2 or 3 times, but I bought myself a super cute maternity denim skirt there for way cheap when I was pregnant with Ryan. It isnt one with a huge elastic front, it just has the elastic band, so I still wear it all the time!

I cant wait to see you guys! I am doing my laundry as we speak, and Ethan is already packed!!! 7 more sleeps!

michelle said...

YEAh, for finding some pants!!! What a great deal!!! I hope your having a happy weekend! Miss you.

Morph This said...

seriously.. you even buy kids clothes with an adjustable waistband? it's worse then i thought.