Nov 16, 2008

Sunday!

Today was a good day. I sat for an hour on harder then hard chairs in the very last row possible in church. The only good that came out of that spot was I was able to make faces at Tara and be obnoxious while she sang in the choir and not be noticed by anyone else but her and my husband who both thought I was a crazed loon!Mission accomplished. I then was rewarded with a not so gentle form of a thank you by Tara herself later in the hall! Ha ha jokes on you... didn't expect all that love huh girl!

When we got home I was rewarded with leftovers and a clean kitchen! Who doesn't love that! But I will say I may have broken a "rule" to get such a reward....I had dishes left over and the kitchen got the step child neglect so this morning I was cleaning and Cricket was oh so kind to tell me that her teacher in church said that we shouldn't shop or clean on Sundays! I was mid sweeping stroke and had to remind her that it was ok because there was church music blaring in the back ground and I was thinking about what I was going to wear to Church so Church was on my mind! Think she bought it!

I tend to take "And on the 7th day he rested " too literally sometimes and do nothing resulting in my house looking like a bomb went off. I just couldn't do it today! She'll learn that it's better to be in harmoney in your own home when it's nice and clean then to do too much "resting" on that day off! No need to remind me that Saturday is a special day it's the day we get ready for Sunday! I tend to not need my shoes shined or my hair shampooed. I'm too busy doing all the other things on Saturday! Don't you feel that way most weekends!

I do love me a good Sunday! IT is nice to have a day to relax, be home and enjoy family! I just enjoy it more when I have a clean kichen.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Ha, too funny. I'm sure that little answer will hold her over for awhile anyways...

Megan said...

I always say I need two Saturdays in order to rest on Sunday. One to get errands done and one to really clean the house. Maybe if I did less resting on Saturday one would be enough!

Bruce said...

I love when they start learning things and hold you to it. Hailey's school teacher told her that a nap shouldn't be more than an hour! WHAT?? You bet we hear about it every Sunday when our naps go over by an hour or more!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

i think my house is messiest on sundays b/c our mornings are so crazy! i hate a messy house, and seriously the spirit is so much better when the house is clean!

tara said...

hate a sunday house. DISASTER. it's like a nasty black hole.

glad you enjoyed my grab-age. i know i did. KIDDING. you should feel complimented. i only grab those i love. just ask my sisters:)

donna said...

I have to agree with Megan. I also need to Saturdays to get ready for Sunday.