Nov 7, 2008

A raspberry bar, reality sinking in, a good heartfelt prayer and some words from a best friend later...

It's a girl!!! yes! It's a girl! I wasn't able to say much yesterday basically because I was in shock! Not sad like it may have seemed but floored by the fact that it wasn't a boy! All signs pointed to BOY.My barf pattern said boy!My dreams pointed to BOY. My appetite said boy. The ultra sound tech said GIRL!So pardon my delayed excitement. I was just in need of a day to pack up my little boy dream of being his first true love, having a little person that reminded me so much of Mike and my dream of a son who kissed me goodbye just before he went on a date.

Shocked I tell you!!!! Yesterday was a wild one! I was surprised how the news hit me. I had convinced myself that it was going to be a boy and thoughtfully told myself and others a girl would be just as welcomed , and she would be, but I was convinced!!!! So I was just as shocked to be overwhelmed with surprise and feeling of loss for the boy I thought I was about to have! Again, not sad because I was having a girl but sad because I wasn't having a boy join our family right now! Does that make sense! I hope so because I never want it to be said that I didn't want this sweet baby girl and wasn't thrilled that she was coming to be ours.

Saddly I had to face a group of curiouse friends for lunch just after my appointment!I hope I wan't too annoying! I was still in a daze! But there we sat sharing tales of all boy or all girl families and knowing it was perfectly fine! Thanks girls!

I did fianily call my sister and she was quick to point out all the amazing all girl families we know. The Kriple girls and Crouch familyand the Hasslers came to mind. Christina comment that I was Almost like her and that made me smile! Oh to be like BBM!!!! I was so thrilled to look forward to my girls sharing a relationship like I have with my sister but add one more in the mix and it could only be better!

But my biggest source of joy came when reality slapped me in the face in the form of some wise words from a best friend. She reminded me that "SHE needs me!" I can't even write it with out crying. This sweet little girl needs ME! How on earth can you hear that and not melt and know that all is well and all is planned and all is perfect. A million thanks for that pearl of knowledge Julie. I will love you for that forever!

So please... no need for more "condolences" in the form of congratulations! I still wish for a sweet little boy to call my own but already feel a special connection to this tender third little girl of mine. A family of all one gender is special I guess. We must have something important to teach our little women at this stage in the game. I welcome the responsibility.

13 comments:

Amy said...

Y'know... if I ever have a 3rd baby, I secretly will wish for a girl. I have two girls already, and while I would *love* for my DH to have his little boy, I will yearn to do pretty things with her. :) You're a great mom!! Now, get to thinking of cute names!!

AnieCooper said...

So is this our Julie or a different Julie ;) Sounds like something our Julie would say!

I figured since you just posted "It's a Girl" you were in shock. I'm glad it is sinking in and you are excited.

You definitely make beautiful girls!!! I can't wait to hear what names you come up with...do we all get to vote...it seems to be tradition ;)

Congrats again!!! xoxox

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

this was a good post- i want another girl. between you and my sister, i get all excited about the thought of doing girly things with a baby again!

Julie said...

I can just imagine the three of them lined up on Easter with their cute handmade hair clips, spring dresses and baskets and it makes me wish for all girls!

Andrea said...

I know exactly how you felt, with Ryan, knowing he was going to be my last and knowing when they said "boy" that I would never have my little girl...there was for sure shock to get over. I know he was without a doubt supposed to be with our family and I can't imagine our life if he wasn't...All one gender families RULE! lol.

Amber H. said...

So being a family of all girls too, I have to say that I love it! I can't wait to hear what fun names you come up with for this one! And we need a few pregnancy pictures of you too now...I'm sure you are showing and oh so cute!

Bruce said...

It really is so much fun having all girls. I like to think that they were best friends in heaven and voted to be in the same family, to love, laugh, struggle, grow, and learn from this life together. Looking back I wouldn't change a thing! ;) Congratulations!

Hannah said...

Congrats!! I didn't know you were posting again or I would have been checking your blog!

Christina said...

I'm so excited for another little girl for you! You're a great mom to girls. Hooray for good baby news!

Melissa E Photography said...

No way!! I'm going to bookmark this for when I have my next baby. If I have another boy I bet I will feel exactly how you feel. Great perspective girl, and I can't WAIT to see the little rug rat.

Elise said...

House full of DRAMA! No, jk. Actually, you probably will have a lot of drama in the house--especially as your girls get older--and Mike will just roll his eyes and duck out into another room :)
However, no doubt whatsoever that your girls have an awesome mom (and dad of course) and that they need you to be the great example that you are! I am one of 3 girls--good times! Again, congratulations! Can't wait to see if the 3rd will look like either of her sisters or if she too will have a beautiful, separate look all her own.

Jess Perry said...

She does need YOU!! And she is so lucky to have YOU!! Great advice from a good friend! I miss you! I need a Becca fix! See you Thursday at Bunco!?!

Erin Willis said...

I have 3 girls too (one named Macey). I LOVE it!! BTW, is one of the Kriple sisters you were talking about Shannen? If so, we were in the same singles ward in Tempe a long time ago!