Jul 20, 2009

Count down

Two more sleeps!!!Two more sleeps and my sister will be here!!!! I can hardly stand it! In addition to the beautiful Boopers gracing us with her presence, we will also be meeting our new nephew Dane for the first time, snuggling Emmy and enjoying Baker as well!!! The perfet visit! In the back of my mind I am already dreading when they leave!!!

For sure sisters have to be the best thing on earth. I think it takes us to reach adulthood to come to this realazation though. Childhood sisterhood is a little tricky at times. It wasn't untill I went away to college that Boo and I fell into a grove that really encouraged our relationship to become what it is today. I could never imagine my life with out her!


The other day I saw my sweet little old lady neighbor. She was outside visiting with an almost identical white haired little old lady and I was certain it was her sister. They were soon off and who knows what was in store for them. A lunch date, a shopping outing... maybe a doctors visit!!! I can only imagine that sisters in their 70's still have to do things togethers like sisters in their 20's and 30's! I had to laugh inside as I imagine Boopers and I 40 years from now. What will our get togethers involve? will we still be able to talk on teh phone for 2 hours? Stay up till midnight talking about nothing when we visit? Will we still be talking about our hair, our latest bargain find or project!? It was funny to imagine!

Our grandmother and her sister still get together at least twice a year! They fly out to see each other and I just love seeing them together mainly because I imagine my sister and I being just like them. White haired and full of wrinkles still eager to be together.

Lik eI said...Sisters are the best!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I couldn't agree more! I always feel bad for people without a sister, seems dumb, but I always have to feel a little sad for them!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

i am so jealous. i want to be there too! i havent had some good jenny time in a while! last time i saw her she was snapping photos of the bag of skittles we can our family. i need some good jenny time. that girl is so fun!

AnieCooper said...

I definitely agree! Sisters are the best :) especially mine :)

donna said...

have fun with Boo!