Aug 28, 2008

The one time I don't mind being late!

So I always grew up being late all the time to anywhere I ever went...mainly becasue of my mom! It was always so embarrassing and we were that typical family always late to church, meetings or appointments. Even my very first day of high School was tainted by my mom making us late! yes US!!!My poor girlfriends Julie and Starla were subject to the embarrassment of having to book it to our first class and walk in late! Still a moment I'll never forget!

That's why as an adult I've resorted to being early or on time as best I can!I'm usually the first to arrive at a church party, Bunco night or book club meeting! I leave with time to spare. Now I'm not perfect but I have defiantly made it a priority to be a punctual person!

There are only a few occasions in life where being late is ok...1. When wanting to make a grand entrance at a singles event! Yes I'm guilty of this one. I had some roaring good times as resident fun girl in the singles ward! It was always appropriate to show up fashionable late to a party.I mean who wants to be the first one there when the lights are still on and veggie dip still stands beautifully piled high in the bowl! 2. When you sneak in to early morning seminary before 15 minutes passes!!! Lucky you it's still counted as an attendance and luckier you, you got out of 14 minutes of early morning seminary!!!!!( this is a department I was happy to be late in as often as I could get away with! don't tell my Sunday School kids!) and 3. When you're trying to get pregnant!

So Far in life I've been able to master all three of those exceptions!Yes I partied as a single gal! Yes I had my fair share of warnings in Seminary and Yes I mastered the art of Being late once again! For sure the first two yield a faster positive return. The third one always seems to take too long in my book to enjoy the fruits of my hard labor!!! I'll have to wait till April 6th, official due date, or a few weeks sooner, based on tradition, to see my hard work pay off!!!!! Or should I say Mikes hard work!He He!!!

A few answers for a few burning questions I'm sure! Magically I'm still as fertile as ever! I literally take my cloths off and I get knocked up! I know that's not the norm and I consider it a huge blessing! I think it's my reward for having horrible and worrisome pregnancies. I have to have all my ducks in a row in order to even consider getting pregnant. I am under a high risk ob and hematologists care to manage my blood disorder while pregnant. Numbers are down already from April but still in a very good range for now!

I have yet to Yack!!!!That's cause for a parade I tell you! The yuckiest have defiantly made themselves comfortable! I have NEVER felt so exhausted and so yuck! Still , knock on wood I keep it all down!I seriously hate that part of being a fetus host! no huge cravings...but I will say I have an aversion to candy and sweets and feel drawn to vinegar, briny things and steak sauce!Not sure what that means!

Yes I want a boy!Yes I want a mini Mike!Yes I want Blue to invade our home!Yes I'd be sad if It wasn't a Boy!Yes I'm hoping for a son! I'd rather buy a truck then a dolly! There I said it!

Ok! Sooo that's me making our big announcement! Here is all I ask from you in return...

- Don't make fun of my hair that is in such drastic need of coloring! I'll get to it in a few weeks when the 1st tri is over!

- My house looks the way it does becasue I probably didn't get a bra on until almost 5 o'clock because laying in bed doesn't make me dizzy.

- yes my kids got themselves dressed!

- Yes I was probably home when you knocked on my door but again... I didn't have a bra on!

- My hair will probably only be done on Sundays if I can talk myself into attempting church or on Bunco nights!

- I'm not a flack! I just forget nearly everything when I'm pregnant!

- And yes. My boobs are bigger. Please all try to make a mental note of what Becca really is capable of. There are only three times in my life I get to look like this! Soak it in!

26 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations! Wow, 3 kids. You are brave. And I don't even have 1 yet! Hopefully you get your boy!

M+J=K3+E said...

CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!! How exciting. Let me know if you need anything at all. I will think boy thoughts, but then again you might not want me doing this since it didn't work out in my favor :)

Amy said...

HEY!! Congratulations! As a mom of 2 girls myself, I can totally understand you wanting to buy trucks instead of dolls :) I hope this pregnancy is MUCH easier on you! :)

Bruce said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you. Hope you feel better soon. I can't wait to see what this baby is going to be! :)

Jamie C. said...

I'm so excited Becca! You are so funny! I hope you get feeling better soon. So far, week 12 had been a HUGE step up in the feeling good department! Congrats again! Boy vibes all around!

Amber H. said...

Congrats to you! I hope you get your wish and get a little boy! Take lots of pictures while you are prego so we can see how cute you are :o)

Megan said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you guys. I didn't even get to tell you congratulations yet! We'll be crossing our fingers for a boy, I need more nephews!

tara said...

yay for babies, yay for boys (or girls:), yay for no barfs, and yay for boobs:)

congratulations becca:)

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Melissa E Photography said...

BEC!!!! YAY!! That is so exciting! You fertile fertile girl. Honestly, I would love to help you with anything. First tri sickies are the worst, especially with your added complications!

CONGRATS!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! Ryan actually told me a couple days ago (Mike spilled it to him) so I have been faithfully checking your blog for an anouncent. Best of luck with the scarey blood issues and hoping for little boy parts!

Oh, and seriously I LAUGHED OUT LOUD at your comment on my blog about peeing! I think I totally gross Ryan out sometimes!!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to both you and Mike! I'm so excited for you! Whether it's a boy or a girl - it will no doubt be another stunningly beautiful Dulgarian!!!

I love your story to go along with the announcement - so funny!

carey said...

CONGRATS!!!!! That is FANTASTIC news!!! :) I'm so excited for you..

E Winzeler said...

Wahoo! That is so exciting...I had to wake J up with the good news after Bunco the other evening. I hope everything goes well and you get feeling better! Whether or not you get to but the trucks and trains...I'm sure your little one will be a doll! Good Luck!

Christina said...

Congratulations! I hope things go smoothly with this pregnancy. And I'll be sending boy vibes your way- they are so fun!

AnieCooper said...

WOOHOO you have made it official ;) So excited for you! I can't believe our babies will be a month apart!!! So exciting! I just pray that this is your easiest pregnancy...we all know you deserve one easy one right ;) I also hope you get your boy! We know you make beautiful little girls...so God only knows what a gorgeous little boy you'd have ;)

Love ya!

Elise said...

Ha ha ha! Good post. Congratulations to you guys! My sister has 4 boys and before her
4th boy she was, of course, hoping for a girl. She said that when she found out that the 4th was another boy all of her dreams of bows, American Girl dolls, and frilly dresses were dashed! :) Then she got over it and her littlest one is just too too cute.
I hope you get your boy--that would be fun! Most importantly I hope that you are healthy during your pregnancy and that you have a healthy little cutie pie--whatever the gender.

michelle said...

I am SOOOO happy for you!!! I hope the yuckies will pass super soon! I sure wish I was there to at least bring you soup, and take the girls out to play. Hang in there my dear friend. :)

Momma Fish said...

WAHOO!!! Congratulations! I am SO happy for you. Good luck over the next few months. I hope you get a boy too. They are the best.

Shannan said...

and you can cry in the lobby of the dr office after you find out it is another girl and I won't judge you (it will be nice to have someone react the same I did).

donna said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you..

Jess Perry said...

I am SOOOOO happy for you. Congratulations!!! I hope you do get your boy. A mini Mike!!

Andrea said...

I'm late to this since I was gone on vacation but congrats! I'm the same way, get pregnant super easy, and then have major complications. Hope everything goes smoothly!

Courtney said...

Yeah! Big Congrats for you! I hope the ickies go away soon. Love ya!

Josh, Kim & Kids said...

WOOHOO! This is huge...three kiddos. WOW! Good luck throughout your pregnancy. I am so excited for you guys.

Ranay said...

Congrats! We're knocked up together! I am right there with you on the disaster house and kids getting themselves dressed, etc. Here's to feeling better soon and to of course your getting a boy and me getting a girl, and of course a very healthy pregnancy!!