Aug 15, 2008

Bunco= Happiness!!!

I love love love Bunco night! Once a month I get a chance to join the funnest group of girls and just relax, eat amazing food and get our bunco on!!! I have missed the last two months so I was craving a Bunco get together! Last night did not disappoint! I meet this group of girls almost exactly a year ago and I can't thank Erin enough for inviting me to my first night!!!

Kim hosted and she's such a great host!!! Her house was to die for first of all!!Such a great decorator and dinner was so good! I had two helpings and snacked all night on the salad! Her prizes were adorable!She recently got hooked on Fly Lady so her prizes all had cleaning themes! How funny is that! Thanks Kim for a great night!

I love the conversations we have! We talked about "yeah right those Chinese gymnasts are 16!!," Swingers in Utah, cleaning "zones", points and What everyones been hearing about peoples take on Bunco!

So what's the local buzz on Bunco in your area? People think it's a good thing? too clickie? like gambling? I would love to hear what you all think!

I love it so much!!! All of us who come are for it obviously. We pay $5 each time and get a wonderful meal out of it and possible a prize! HELLO!!!! who can get a meal for $5!!!! I see no harm in it! Especially becasue this group in particular is made up of so many girls who in one way or another know someone but not necessarily the entire group when they started!Maybe becasue I'm sooooo not easily offended I hate to hear the excuse that people don't like it becasue it excludes people! WHO CARES!!!!! People need to understand that not everyone can host 45 people in a home just to not hurt feelings! I have to admit... I too have put off having a party because I just couldn't narrow down my guest list without hurting feelings! I need to get over that at some point...'cause in the end I DON"T have ANY party and where's the fun in that!

If people don't get invited it's not becasue they weren't liked! It may have just been space or the group dynamics that helped make up a guest list! Again....I could care less if I got invited to the ladies movie night or lunch with the girls or not! I know that's not always the case!Anywho... That was sort of a rant!Forgive!!!! I tend to do that some times!

ok... I'm done!

11 comments:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

yea for bunko! i love it too and have the same feelings about exclusion. i am wanted to start a group like that here for so long... maybe i will do it soon bc everytime you post about bunko i want to play it!

Jess Perry said...

Yay! I love Bunco and forget what everyone says! The people who complain are the ones upset about not being invited! And even if it is clickie...I like our little click we have going on. Sorry I missed it...never again. I need the bunco group and once again...I love our little group we have!

Megan said...

I've never played bunco! You'll have to teach me at Thanksgiving and then maybe I can start up a group out here! Sounds like a blast! I need nights like that every once and a while!

Andrea said...

No one here does Bunco...But we do have a group of friends that does girls lunch, concerts, things like that. We are always hearing that we are to cliquish and we exclude...Whatever!

carey said...

I have only been a sub a couple of times, but it's been fun...probably not my very favorite thing in the world, but fun enough. :) Glad you are loving it, though - that's what matters, right? And I think the idea of it being gambling is just silliness.

tara said...

do what ever the heck you want to becca. someone is ALWAYS going to feel left out. ALWAYS. you can't be friends with EVERYONE so just do your THING with those you want to do it with, and be nice to everybody else.

Elise said...

Sounds fun! I think I have played that once in my life. With the dice, right? Maybe I have it all wrong. Whatever it is--sounds like a fun party.

donna said...

bunco is way fun........


hello, there is no-way that they are 16.......

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

I have only played a couple of times, but thought it was fun. And I hear all sorts of things about bunco - from "it's gambling" to "it's exclusive" to "it's just so fun". Perhaps someday I'll play regularly...

And you're right, no way are they 16. The announcers said their ages have been verified by their passports - well, how about verifying their passports?!

Sarah said...

I feel the same as you do about being excluded. I would love to be in a bunco group. i've played it a few times and it's so fun.

Christina said...

i think i've already told you this before..our stake president told all of us that we shouldn't be playing bunco..because of all of those reasons...SO nobody is playing it here...he also said that sometimes that is the instigation of "ward gossip"..
i HAVE played though-and it is always fun!!!