Dec 7, 2007

My poor poor Blue Bird!

Blue has been sick running a fever and so not herself. Last night she amazingly got a full uninterrupted nights sleep so we were thinking all was well. This morning she was just pitiful. Staring off and uninvolved. I had a feeling something was wrong. I assumed she had Strep so I made her an appointment.

Thankfully I listened to my gut. Poor little Blue has Scarlet Fever!! I know!!! Who knew that was still around. I seriously about burst into tears upon hearing her Doctor tell me that! I only knew that Laura, from Little House on the Prairies daughter died of it!!!!I was scared. I come to find it's not as bad as I had first thought! It's basically a really bad case of Strep with a horrible fever that is hard to break and a skin rash. Still not good but man was I relieved!

She is so no herself. So helpless and needy. It's always hard when your kids are sick but at this age when they just want their mom to hold them, it's so physically demanding on me and draining. I am not only worried for her but hello!!! That girl weighs a ton!!! My arm feels like it's about to fall off! I'd gladly snuggle her all day though knowing it gives her the only comfort she can get right now!

15 comments:

carey said...

I'm so sorry poor Blue is sick! Yikes, Scarlet Fever??? I hope she is on the mend soon!

Hey, I don't think I have your email. Mind sending it to me? I've had a scare & I'm going private. bono40@aol.com. Thanks!

Jillyboo said...

Gosh, that is such sad news. I am sorry that she is so sick. And Scarlet Fever??? That just sounds scary. I can imagine what you must have been feeling when they said those words.
I hope you are all back to 100% soon so that you can enjoy making those perfect snowmen.

Christina said...

oh no sick ones..and scarlet fever..isnt that from the depression ages?!?!? what in the world??!

so fun on the cute little chair--SO nice of the lady to GIVE it to you!

Reena said...

Oh my goodness, I can only imagine what you are going through. Just want you to know that I am off work until Thursday, if you need me to come over and help with anything, let me know. Even if you need to just get out on your own for a couple hours, I'd love to help. Give Molly hugs and kisses from Grandma Reena and tell her I hope she is feeling better. LMK Love you all. MOM

michelle said...

Awww, I am so sorry. Blue is the sweetest little girl. I feel so sad that she is this sick. I hope she is on the mend super soon! Hang in there.

I just read your post from the other day. It brought tears to my eyes. What an amazing lady that gave you the chair. It is stories like this that make my heart warm inside. Thanks so much for sharing it with us Rebecca.

donna said...

OH sweet blue is sick. I am so sorry.
Emily had scarlet fever when we lived in Ok city Ok. I hope she feels better soon.
She will be in my prayers.
Give her a big hug:)

donna said...

OH sweet blue is sick. I am so sorry.
Emily had scarlet fever when we lived in Ok city Ok. I hope she feels better soon.
She will be in my prayers.
Give her a big hug:)

Andrea said...

Poor Molly. That is too sad. My sister got it a few years ago...When she was 30 years old! Crazy! I hope she feels better soon.

Rusti said...

Poor girl! I haven't heard of anyone having scarlet fever. That's crazy! I'm so glad to live in these modern times when things like that can be so well managed.

Good luck to all of you.

Laura said...

I totally understand your pain... Our household has been sick lately too. My older son has mono, and it has totally taken it out of him. I was getting up at night (several times) and checking his breathing and pulse... Even when they are older, they scare you to death! Good luck and prayers!!!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I remember when Lauren got scarlet fever and I thought, "That is still around?!"

Apparently so!

Call me in between snuggles and I would love to chat with ya~

Jess Perry said...

Oh poor little Blue is sick again! That really stinks. The poor thing. And Scarlet Fever...you don't hear about that very much! Well please let me know if you guys need anything! We are thinking about ya!

Ranay said...

So sad your little one is under the weather. Best Wishes for a quick recovery. And what a neat experience at the D.I. Thanks for sharing. Also, thanks so much for the Christmas card-absolutely adorable!

Megan said...

K, I'm such a big boob! I just read your Christmas gift post and now I'm crying!!! I swear I cry over EVERYTHING! Anyway, sweet sweet woman!
Poor little Molly! That sounds aweful, sore throat, fever and a rash?!?!?! I hope she recovers soon and so does your arm! :)

sarah ann said...

Get Better Lil' Blue! :)