Dec 19, 2007

How many more days?

does anyone else feel like they are weeks behind on all the stuff they need to have done? I sure do! Last night I slipped away by myself to get some shopping done and it was like an out of body experiance! I went to Wal Mart and it was a mad house. All the toys were picked over and the displays were a mess. I had intentions of making it a fast trip but there I was in a daze wondering the store looking for anything I could find! I felt like I was about to have a panic attack...I went with out a list, that was problem number one! I couldn't find any thing I needed and when it came time to grocery shop I was so spent I just wanted to leave and my mind went blank!I had no clue what i needed and I know I needed a lot. I ended up leaving with milk and bread and cinnamon. Trust me... I needed more the making of French Toast! So here I sit today after eating my toast with a huge question mark over my head... What on earth am i going to make for dinner for the rest of the week? Yep.. I'll have to go back to a grocery store and fix that dilemma!

Man I have so much to do and so little motivation to get it done! I just want to wake up and have been visited by the "get the job done" Fairy!

I still need to...

make neighbor gifts and pass them out
plan a weeks work of meals for my company
paint stools and chairs
hang pictures
wrap gifts
finish shopping for that matter
clean my house

It's really not that much but it seems daunting! It doesn't help that I stayed up till 1:30 last night watching the last two episodes of Survivor and the Finally of Kid Nation!!!! Shame on me!
I know half those things are unimportant to anyone but me but I would like to have them done!

Anyway.... Hats off to all of you who are on top of your game this Holiday Season! I can learn a lesson or two from you!

11 comments:

Ranay said...

Hang in there! I'm sure the rest of the world is right there with you. Just when I think I've got everything together, I remember something else. It's never ending!

donna said...

I also have a to do list. I have been marking this off, that i have done. But i still have lots to do before Friday.


I hope you are able to get every-done you need to. But don't stress girl:)

Andrea said...

Sorry your experience was such a hectic one. I can't believe you went shopping without a list! Crazy!

regibells said...

Okay so I am reminded that Im not the only one! I can't stand shopping in Walmart this time of year that I actually banned it (from the bad experiences last year.) I did have to break down and go a couple weeks ago but that was the end... no more! At least you didn't have the kids with you. Maybe next year I will actually be one of those people that say...oh yea...I had my Christmas shopping done it August. Wouldn't that be a dream?

Christina said...

i have everything done over here..although i just need to wrap gifts..but otherwise everything is done-WHOO HOO for me!!
i wrote my to do list at the BEGINNING of december..i think thats what really helped me the most..i was in HIGH GO GET EM gear, before the season really got here..
im just like you w/o some list..if i have tons of things to get and i go..i walk around aimlessly..so weird--kids are ruining my mind for sure!!

read this and say "dangt im OFF to work!"

Sarah said...

uh yeah i know how you feel. In my brain i have soooo many things to get done. i don't even know where to start.

Amber H. said...

I'm right there with you sister! I don't know what it is about this year, but Christmas has totally snuck up on me this year! I have to order most of my gifts because we are so far out of the way and I just had to tell Josh he won't be getting his Santa present until after Christmas! I totally relate with you! Good luck getting it all done :o)

michelle said...

This is so funny! Not the fact that you wondered around Walmart, but the fact that I did the same thing yesterday! I was at Walmart around 1:00 in the afternoon. I totally felt braindead! I figured it was time to hang up the Santa hat, and go home. :) Good luck getting everything done! I am sure you will do a great job!

carey said...

I still feel totally behind. Would you believe that I started wrapping gifts yesterday?! Oh, the horror!

Jess Perry said...

I have like 12 to do lists still....I know what you mean. I always plan to have everything done well before Christmas Eve, but it never works out that way. Why is that????

Jess Perry said...

Okay Becca...I am ready to hear about your holiday's. Let's get together sometime. Trent is in Cabo for the next 9 days. Family trip and I couldn't fly and I could only get a refund on my ticket. Fun huh!!