Aug 3, 2009

Sad news

Yesterday morning we woke up to find a very heart breaking email. Mikes cousin died in a single engine plane crash Saturday afternoon leaving behind a loving wife and 5 kids. The news was shocking and it's all we've been thinking about. Our hearts ache for his family. Not only was he a devoted father and husband but also an older brother and first born son.

He comes from an amazing family who we adore. His parents and especially his mom live, breath and eat for their children. There was never a visit or email or gathering where she didn't pull out family photos and beam as she related their latest news. As a mother myself I can not imagine how a grieving mother can cope with this tragedy.His younger siblings are equally amazing. How on earth do you ever get used to being a family with one less brother.

Sadly I can't think about this tragedy and not go to that scary place I try so hard to avoid. What if this happened to me? My greatest fear in life is losing Mike or one of my children. My world would end. I would fail to function.

It's a harsh reminder of how precious life is. How we take for granted the time we have been giving to love and be apart of someones life. It makes me want to hold on to my family with everything I have and never let go.

I pray that our Heavenly Father has welcomed home his son with loving embraces. That He will comfort and bless his loved ones left behind. I pray that those who love and care for his family will know their needs and do all they can to comfort his wife, children, siblings and parents during this trial.

We will be heading up for the funeral on Thursday.

12 comments:

donna said...

Becca, i am so sorry to hear about your husband's cousin. His poor family.I can't imagine what i would do if i lost Ryan. That would be the hardest thing for me to handle. How old is his children?
My prayers are with your family.

Laura said...

I'm sorry for your and your family's loss.

M+J=K3+E said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. We know how difficult this is. We were so thankful Annie (my cousin) didn't leave a spouse and children behind. We will pray for their family as well through this difficult time.

michelle said...

Rebecca, I am so sorry. This has to be such a hard time. I can't imagine the emotions right now. Where is the funeral?

Andrea said...

I'm so sorry! Death is so hard, especially when it seems to come all too soon! My prayers are with you and Mike's family.

Jill said...

Becca, I am so so sorry! Lots of love!

Christina said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's amazing how sometimes it just shakes you to the core.

AnieCooper said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. My prayers are with you all.

carey said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Rebecca. I will keep his family (and yours) in my prayers.

Momma Fish said...

That is so sad. The loss of a child would be the worst thing in the world. I am sorry to hear this happened.

Elise said...

That is horrible. A very touching post and a good reminder to be grateful.

tara said...

oh my gosh becca! that is horribly sad. just horrible. I'm so very sorry. i hope the funeral was healing is some way yesterday.