Aug 24, 2009

Tomorrow

Tomorrow my Cricket starts school.

No exclamation marks.

Complete anti excitement if I must be honest. I'm sad. Very, very sad!

How on earth did today finally make it here on the count down chain. One last day with my Cricket all to myself. Oops...a tear!

Not really sure how I'll survive seeing her off Tuesday morning...another tear!

Being a mom is hard. Harder then I imagined. Harder then the lump in my throat I'm trying to swallow away right now! I'm a big baby and I know it!

Do you think she'll let me snuggle her in my bed all morning?

Holding her.

Smelling her.

Looking into her big brown eyes and remembering her as my first baby bug all those years ago.

Pretty sure she won't let me. Maybe that would make it that much harder.





I'm already a wreck. This is hard... very, very hard.

I'll be rendered useless Tuesday. Oh Cricket....

11 comments:

Christina said...

I think I'll feel the same way next year. Hopefully seeing how much Cricket loves it will help you get over the sad a little. Be strong!

Morph This said...

what the crap? i can't believe this is happening. does she take the bus? love her.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

it is hard. i had a hard time thinking about all ethan was going to be exposed to. i wanted to be there right with him when kids would tease or bully, or say something inappropriate. the thought of him ever being scared or sad without me was hard to wrap my brain around. up until then, i was with him in all of his life experiences and the thought of having him gone ALL DAY was hard to imagine. I feel your pain, but sooner than later it all is so good!

donna said...

It is hard to see our children grow up! But it is also so exciting to see our children grow up and learn so many wonderful things.

I hope you both have wonderful 1st day! :) Take lots of pictures.
Oh it is ok to cry, i cry every time my children go back to school.

Brittany said...

I'm a bawl baby, too. I cry, my husband laughs at me, I wait anxiously until he's home...it's vicious!

AnieCooper said...

Ok Becca...you just made me teary eyed. I can't believe Macy is old enough to go to Kindergarten already! Where has the time gone?!? I can't wait to see the pictures of her first day. I am sure she will love it and everyone will love her. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. You'll have to let me know how you guys do ;) Love u!

Megan said...

oh man, I hope everything went well. I'm sure she loved every minute of it! Your post made ME cry and I still have 3 years!

Andrea said...

Hope she has a fabulous day today! You too :)

Bruce said...

The first day of school is the hardest day of the year for me. She will love it, and you will keep looking at the clock to see how much longer!

Good luck today!

Melissa said...

Sierra's been in school for 4 days and I still have a hard time! Just reading your post made me tear up thinking about it! They are TOO YOUNG! All we can really do is reinforce the good at home and pray our eyeballs out for them! Soon they'll be off to college...don't think about that too much though....I had a panic attack when I did! LOL!

AnieCooper said...

So...how did it go?!?!