Jun 9, 2009

My heart is hurting

I'm in the middle of some major drama right now and I just can't keep it in any longer! Please understand that this is my place to vent and get some stress relief by writing it all down and hopefully purging some of it from my system. Out of respect I'll keep the details limited.

Basically I, along with my little family of five, have been dealing with some hurtful family drama. I am so filled with countless emotions right now. Anger, disappointment, hurt, discouragement and genuine worry. I am heart broken. For over two months I have had to deal with these feelings and it's all coming to a head right now!

This issue occupies so much of my thoughts lately it's exhausting. I have no clue how to fix it and at this point it is effecting more then just me and my immediate family. How on earth can I move forward when I am so torn on how to feel and react. On one hand I want to sympathies but I can only sympathies for so long . On the other hand I want to blow up and yell and hold nothing back and really say how I feel and how I've been effected by all this nonsense.

I feel like so much has been ruined and tarnished. There are events I can never recreate or fix . I feel cheated out of precious moments and at this point a future of acceptance and inclusion. It breaks my heart to think of what life will be like if this doesn't get resolved and the longer it goes on the harder it's going to be to get back to where we were...if that's even possible.

I feel like we have done everything in our power to try to smooth this out...being very respectful in our communications and apologetic for causing any strife. In return all we have gotten is accusations, hurtful comments, rage and exclusion. And still after all that we STILL want to work it out because this relationship mean that much to us.

Let's hope the saying is true..." time heals all wounds." At this point I am so tired of the back and forth. It's breaking me down. All I can do is pray for some sort of peace. Until then I'm afraid this issue will always be in the back of my head. If it doesn't get better I'm afraid other relations and events will be in jeopardy. I can already see the effects of this spreading.

Please, if you know more details about my struggle please be considerate in your comments. I'm not here to out my issue but more so work through the process of dealing with it! Thanks friends!

11 comments:

AnieCooper said...

Becca...sorry you are having trouble right now. Wish there was something I could do to help you. I pray things get better for you! love u!

donna said...

becca i am so sorry you are having a hard time. I want you to know that you are in my payers and thoughts.. I am here for you. :)
((((( BIG HUGS))))))

Julie said...

Luv u Becca Bird.

Sarah said...

I'm sorry you are going through this and I can only pray that it will get better Sooner rather than later.

Christina said...

Family drama is so rough. I hope things resolve and that you can at least find a place of peace and contentment in your heart and move on with your own family.

Brittany said...

Oh Becca, my heart goes out to you! Family drama is seriously the worst - we have plenty of it here and I just wish it would STOP! Hang in there!

Bryn said...

I feel so bad for you. Those feelings are ones we never want hanging around, especially when they starts to effect our immediate family. This is kinda my favorite motto, control the controllables. You can control YOUR actions and YOUR feelings, but no one else's, so if you feel in your heart you have done all that you can and can feel peace within yourself, then that's all you can control. Love ya!!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

i am so sad reading this post, but I agree with bryn- control the controlables.
i am here if you need me!

tara said...

no advice that will solve anything, unfortunately. this can't last forever bec. there will be a resolution hopefully SOONER than later.

Jillyboo said...

I feel your pain in ways no one can unless they've been there. There is nothing harder than troubles with your family.
The same thing started almost 5 years ago with me. I have never been so consumed by anything in my life. For months and now years I have felt sick about it. I have done everything in my power to resolve it and to no avail. I have come to terms with the fact that you can only control yourself and not others. Even if you know that they know they're hurting you, and not seeming to care.
I have essentially lost several people that I love, even though they are only a few states away. It makes me sad every time I think about it.
I pray things will heal. Keep praying, for you and them. Even this experience will teach you and help you along your way of becoming more like Heavenly Father.
I love you and Im sorry this is going on in your life. You certainly don't deserve it.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to read this. I know how you feel because I've been going thru this on and off for 10 years and it's been really bad the last 2 and a half years. All I do is keep killing this person with kindess. Even though she tries to hurt me on purpose I love her and forgive her. It's so hard and it breaks my heart to be treating the way she treats me but I just pray for peace and continue to love her. (And once in a while I let out the anger, hurt and frustration by crying and talking about it to my mom and or hubby.)