Jun 19, 2009

Holy crap!!! I died and....


Went to Doughnut Heaven!



There I was...minding my own business driving home from IKEA and singing along to Frente. I see out of the corner of my eye a sign billowing in the wind! I had to squint to read it but I could have sworn I saw the word "Doughnut!"

WHAT!!!!!

A real Doughnut store in Utah!!!! Could it really be!?! A legit, stand alone storefront that sells delish' round treats that beckon me!!!!By George it was!!!

(remember folks... I come from the land of plenty when it comes to Doughnut shops! There are like on every corner in CA.... I've been without or had to pick one up at Walmart for too long!)

Back to the story...

I fliped a "U" and filed the kids out... a propmise of a treat was all it took and they were on board!

Oh how lovely and adorable this new favorite mecca of all things sugary!
*click*Beyond Glaze,*click*
which I first thought was a tile store, is the Cartier of Doughnut shops! Each and ever masterpiece is on display behind a glass case. They tease and temp you with their icing and swirls! For reals!!!! This was a dream come true!



My goals in life have been altered...added to the list and high up there is my goal to
sample each and every flavor... key lime, blueberry, cookies and cream....



So if you by chance live within a 100 mile radius of this store in Draper, Ut, be sure to swing by and bring a bib! Drooling may occure! Lovliness never tasted so good!


10 comments:

Jill said...

When you don't fit into all of your new pants, can I have them, that is after I drop about 30 lbs...

Gotta say, those things don't tempt me. BUT, I did just finish off about a pound of apple crisp topping within the last couple of days so that has GOT to count for something.

Christina said...

Oh wow. I did not need to find out about this store while pregnant. A trip to Draper is in my very near future, I think.

Morph This said...

how good do those look! and expensive!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

those are the prettiest doughnuts i have ever seen!

we make it a tradition to go every trip back to ca- we are going for breakfast monday morning!

how did they compare in cost and taste with the pink boxed ones of cali?

Brittany said...

Nice. Now I want one. Thanks.

PS I got my favorite actions from pioneer woman. Others from coffee shop (? is that the name of it?) all FREE!

donna said...

yummy!

Mahana said...

Those looks like masterpieces! sheesh. Send one my way! or several!

Unknown said...

I want to grab one off the screen and eat it right now!

Momma Fish said...

My brother buys those for a lot of our family functions. YUMMMMMM.

tara said...

try the orange rolls next. the mister grabbed some for us a few saturdays ago and we all just about DIED. that place is RIDICULOUSLY good.