Jan 31, 2009

Room swap

We have a little bit of an invader some nights! No shock. Blue just loves being close! Most nights I won't hear her sneak in but at some point in the night I'll feel her kick, nuzzle or breath on me and it's one part annoying and one part endearing!

Last night she came early at 11:30 while I still lay there trying my hardest to find a comfortable way to sleep and wishing I had an IV dripping sleeping meds into my body!For 30 min I tossed and turned and tossed and turned Blue trying to make her snoring stop! How on earth can a three year old sound like that! Oh yeah..she has huge tonsils. She sounds like a man. No man I want to sleep with.

Mike was oblivious to the lumber jack chainsaw operator sound asleep between the two of us. I didn't have it in me to scoop her up myself and transport her back to her bed so what was I to do!? Basically I swore in my head,( Which was still not a swear word because I hate swearing but it did the trick in making me feel validated for being put out!) grabbed my array of pillow sleeping aids and headed to her bed.

I can't even say it was a bad nights sleep after that point! I still tossed, turned and readjusted all night but I woke up to a sweet kiss on the cheek from Cricket as she found me sleeping next to her!

4 comments:

Elise said...

That is the cutest.

Andrea said...

Awww, cute, although I'm sure it didn't seem that way! lol.

Jamie C. said...

I am right there with in the crappy nights sleep. It's horrible! So funny about Blue snoring...my husband would tell you to come see him to take her tonsils out and problem solved. Better earlier than later! Here's to you sleeping better!

Melissa E Photography said...

LOL!! I loved this. All of it!