Jan 19, 2009

Blasted head!

This cold is kickin my butt!!!!! You forget how totally awesome breathing is! Crappy Cold!!!! This will be day 4 so I should be back to my flowery cheery self in no time right! Oh wait....When was I flowery or cheery....you know what I mean!

So here's the first "Totally SUCKS!" We waited to long on that bedroom furniture we finally found and now it's no longer available. Lovely! I was so pissed off! So back to square one. The worst part is I swear we have been to every furniture store out there and nothing looks good! Boo hoo! So no getting me bed off the floor any time soon!

Secondly, Mike and I are on two totally different pages when it comes to picking a color for the nursery so that will be fun to negotiate....yeah RIGHT!!!! I think the lack of oxygen making it's way to my brain is effecting my ability to care much at this stage! I'm ready to just let this kid sleep in a box on the floor at the foot of my bed till she's 3. The idea of painting makes me gag! I've lost my enthusiasm. I'm sure that will change!

I did find an all to perfect dresser for the nursery last week. Sadly I paid way to much for it but I swear when I walked past it it whispered to me " Come hither' So I hithered and fell in love. It doesn't look nearly as enchanting sitting in my dirty garage as it will in her room. It's one piece of the puzzle. IT's old antique, weathered, beautiful and so me. I don;t even dare post a picture yet for fear you'd think I pulled it out of a dumpster... I kid, but really it's awesome and will look like a prized piece once placed in a finished room...that alone should be motivation enought to ge the nursery done right!

ok...off to do something productive...like get in bed and rest!

11 comments:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

i want to see that nursery right now! get to work lady! you have me on pins and needles- I always love your home improvement projects!

AnieCooper said...

Can't wait to see the nursery! I'm sure everything will workout!! I wish i was just a little bit crafty...my mom and sis got those genes apparently. :)

Miss you!

Andrea said...

Sorry you're feeling crappy! My SIL seems to have constant head colds when she's pregnant! So, you have a name for your sweet babe yet?

Josh and Tiff said...

oh geez.. i've had that head cold too!! i started feeling sick this weekend, so maybe we got each other sick... haha... hopefully it goes away soon! and that dresser is definitely you and i know will look amazing in the new nursery!! can't wait until it's done!

donna said...

so sorry girl that you are feeling crappy! Head cold are never fun. I hope you feel better soon and you are able to get your nursery ready for your little baby.

BIG HUGS!

michelle said...

I am sorry your feeling cruddy! Hopefully your cold will pass ASAP! :) I can't wait to see this darling nursery!

michelle said...

rebecca i can't see your blog from mine! e-mail my mom and she'll give you my email, and i will get yours because mine is on private too!

--sarah

:]

Sarah said...

oh I've got it too! It sucks so bad. I keep breathing out of my mouth! my kids all have it too. I hope you at least get better soon.

Megan said...

crappy deal on your bedroom furniture!

I can't wait to see the nursery and your new dresser, I'm sure it was worth every penny!

tara said...

oh FOR THE LOVE!!! how pissed are you about your furniture? i'd be LIVID. hope you find something to replace it that you LOVE just as much. pooh.

the worst part about having colds while you are prego is that you can't take any GOOOOOOOD meds. stinks.

carey said...

sorry you feel so crappy. Tonight calls for a hot bubble bath, a great magazine, and some chocolate. Don't question it, just do it. :) (and hang in there...)