Jan 26, 2009

Tale of the " Uglies"

I greeted the day with one thing on my mind...The day's greeting came too early and oh it's 9 am! I've turned into this slug who can not function before her first installment of Baby Story at 10. I've become that mom. I'll blame it on growing a baby and cross my fingers it's a bad habit I'll lose along with the baby weight! Peeing in the middle of the night, waking up every time I roll over and magically opening my eyes up at exactly 12:00 a.m AND 4:oo am craving grape juice don't help either!


Yesterday was the start! I had my first official "Ugly" day! I tried on a dress I was sure would fit only to be stopped half way up the zipper as I turned my body round and round trying to will it to close! No luck! The only thing that fit was a dress that earned me an interesting comment from Cricket..."Wow mom!You like like a big fairy without wings!" Pretty sure fat fairy wasn't the look I was going for. Oh well...I gave into the fat fairy look because I was to scared to try anything else on in fear I'd have a bigger " YEAH RIGHT YOU CAN STILL FIT INTO ME!" pile on my closet floor!

Onto my hair and make up. I sat and thought about the best way to go about this. How is a fat Fairy suppose to look. Curls flowing or pony tail? Natural face almost child like or matching blue eyeshadow to compliment her blue fairy uniform? Let's just say I sat and did my thing and when all was said and done and I closed my eyes and made a wish that something magical would happen and all I saw looking back at me was a tired looking, 30 week pregnant nearly thirty year old who looked her age fairy. Sigh!!!

Not having a plan B, I just gave into it! My first official Ugly day. Not to say I haven't looked haggard and run down over the last 30 weeks but it was that all encompassing I hate my body, I hate my hair, I look so bad, feel so bad rotten day and no amount of make up, hairspray or compliments would have made a difference!! And the best part about it was I got to go to church and show off that special look! At least when people look at me in a state like that they can say to themselves "She's pregnant....that's what that looks like on her!"

At the end of the day Mike and I were talking and he says out of no where " You really look pretty right now!" WHAT!!!!!! You tell me that right now at 10:47 pm when all day I've felt like a cow...an ugly cow! Thanks! I could have used that oh... at about the time I was looking for real fairly wings to fly me far far away to a enchanted make over kingdom where all my dreams could come true! Again...SIGH!!!!

12 comments:

Elise said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Oh man! My favorite part was after you tried your very best you closed your eyes and made a wish. Too funny! Funny because I can sooo relate, and so many other people can as well. Thank goodness for sweet husbands who love us and think we are beautiful no matter what--even if the compliment DOES come a bit late :) And I guess thank goodness for well-intentioned children who keep us humble!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

this was the best post ever! you are very clever!

i cant imagine how 100 pounds looks on you, since that is what you probably weigh about now.

you at 9 months pregnant is an anorexic me.

was the dress you couldnt zip up out of the ladies section, because if it was from the junior section it doesnt count towards an "ugly day."

it was fun talking to you today- i need to come to utah and hang out with you a bit!

Unknown said...

You are so funny Becca. You could never look anywhere near ugly. But I can relate with the feelings of being out of control when your body has it's own mind because of extra hormones.

Hope you're doing o.k otherwise. I'm going thru the unexpected loss of a nephew right now but the Gospel is true and we'll see him again.

Love ya!

donna said...

what you had a Ugly day? I want to see pictures.

AnieCooper said...

You crack me up! I don't think there has been a time I've ever seen you look ugly. So you should have taken a picture, because I'm sure you were being extremely hard on yourself ;) So you are down to 10 weeks!!! Sooo exciting...any decisions on the name yet? I can't believe Sophie is going to be here soon. I'm excited and exhausted already! Well I hope you don't have anymore "ugly" days...especially since you are extremely far from ugly!

Miss you! xoxoxo

Megan said...

I had that day last sunday. I bought a new sweater online, and don't really like it, but I got free shipping and 20% off my entire purchase by buying it. Anyway, I wore it to church and seriously felt like I was the size of a giant cruise ship! I had to make my hair big and curly to make my head proportional to the rest of my body!

Andrea said...

Oh you poor thing! lol. That's the worst and pregnancy hormones don't help! Megan's comment about her cruise ship sweater and big hair is seriously killing me! lol

Ranay said...

I am only laughing because I am right along there with you. My husband and I were laughing last night about the same thing. (Of course I was crying inside!) Unfortunately, I fear there are more 'ugly' days to come. I have the same thoughts as you do though - that's what pregnant looks on me, will the uncontrollable habits that have been created slough off with the baby weight? Please, please, please let them! What's with these third pregnancies?! Hang in there - the end is in sight!

Melissa E Photography said...

hahahaha. I hate those days! We all have them.

Sooo, Becs. I am planning a super funky downtown shoot this week and wondered if you and Macey would like to be my models. I wanted urban chic and you were the first person to pop into my head. :) Let me know what your week looks like! E-mail me at melissaephotography@gmail.com.

tara said...

GET OUT! as i caught a glimpse of you as the YW traipsed into RS i thought to myself "pregnancy sure agrees with becc!"

not kidding. i seriously thought that:)

Christina said...

You are so funny! I'm sure you looked radiant, as always, Becca. And yes, husbands timing sometimes is just not quite perfect!

E Winzeler said...

I love reading your blog, you are such an entertaining writer...you cute little fairy you! The only thing your post left me wanting was a picture of this so called "big fairy without wings"! I don't feel bad for you...you always look done up and always look gorgeous little belly or not and I did see you a couple weeks ago and you're a tiny little thing! So sorry, no sympathy here woman! Cheer up...you're what most women would die to look like pregnant!