Sep 24, 2008

Where's Mom and Dad?

I'm realizing that some day my kids will ask this question! We recently had a virus on our computer and as Mike was reinstalling all our photos we came to a conclusion.... All our pictures are of our kids and none of us with our kids or of us as parents! Photo after photo of adorable milestones and antics of Blue and Crick but rarely a photo of us!

Trust me... I'm not the first to jump in front of the camera on Christmas morning half asleep and hair looking like we all know it does! I will say my hands arms and feet do make many cameos in photos but who wants to look years down the road just to see what my ankles looked like in 'o7? It's the same sad fate in home videos.

I'm convinced I am doing my kids a disservice at this point! They will have little to laugh at as they get older when they flip through their photos!No "Look at mom's ridiculous hair!" "What on earth were you wearing mom?" and " No way that was in style!" We all know the photos of our own parents that are classic! I can vividly remember a picture of my mom in a blue leotard 9 months pregnant with me! Classic!!!And one of my dad with a huge mustache and even huger glasses! I love those photos as dorky as they may be!

So to myself and all ya all out there who fall into the same category, lets do something about it! It's motivation enough for me to slap on a little lipstick or curl my hair once in a while and capture it on camera! I may look like a mom 90% of the time and 90% of the time it's not worth capturing but for the kids sake get in a photo already!!!! It really should be known that we didn't just drop our kids off at Disneyland by themselves or let them hunt for Easter eggs while mom hide inside!!!! WE too were there!

10 comments:

M+J=K3+E said...

I had that same realization not too long ago. I was so worried about being fat that I am hardly in any pictures. It is kind of sad isn't it. So I am on board with you. Lets be in more pictures :)

Megan said...

All of our pictures are of Kate and Jason, I'm always the one snapping shot! I do have to admit though, I hate about 99% of the pictures that are taken of me!

Sarah said...

I completely kn wo how you feel! But in our family it's not so much where's mom and dad but where is mom? Daddy never takes pictures so I'm the one who does it and I am in so little pictures it's pathetic!

Bryn said...

I hear ya sista'!! I say the same thing to my mom when I look at all our pictures growing up. They are all of us 5 girls and none with her or my dad in them. How will we remember someone if we don't have some pictures?? On the other hand, Dax saw a picture of Austin and I on our wedding day and asked where he was?!?!

donna said...

thank goodness for photo booth on my MAC.I have NOW have pictures of me........

tara said...

digital cameras are to blame. I erase all the crappy pictures before they ever see the light of day. i'm gonna STOP it. I love really candid shots. good and bad.

Bruce said...

That is hilarious. I wouldn't have thought of this. Here is to more pictures of the Moma's and Papa's! :)

Amber H. said...

I am totally with you on this one! About a year ago we made the same realization, so now we try and make a point to get at least one picture of someone every once in a while. Although it is more often of Josh than me, we are trying!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

i was just thinking today it has been a while since i posed for a picture- and i am dang sexy, i really should!

michelle said...

Thak you for the reminder. I have noticed that the rest of the family is in pictures, and I am the one taking them. I think I will have to hand off the camera from time to time. Have a great weekend! I hope your feeling better! :)