Sep 7, 2008

Cravings

So yeah! This go around I can't remember ever having craving so intense. The moment I think of eating something I have to have it. That's all I can think about until I finally get my hands on something. And I don't always crave a food per say that is normal. I crave Steak Sauce and that red sweet sauce you dip egg rolls in. I crave an egg yoke or crushed pellet ice. It doesn't help that I also crave food network! It's always filling my head with next to impossible dishes I soon imagine for hours!

This was my plight last night! I was having a little down time down stairs and got caught up watching "Throw Down with Bobby Flay!" He was off to Nashville Tennessee to Challenge the biscuit and jam champion of all time! I sat there with my droll stains on my shirt for thirty minutes and was in a trance! I had to have me some home made biscuits and home made jam and I needed it NOW!!!

So up stairs I went pounding headache and all and got to work! Now have I ever made a home made biscuit you may ask? NO!!! And Do I have skills to just whip up home made jam let alone the ingredient in my house to do such a task? YES and NO!!!! Never attempted to make jam but oddly enough had a whole bag of frozen strawberries in my freezer!!!!SCORE!!!

45 min later I was scarfing down biscuits and home made jam and it wasn't half bad!!! I know I'm crazy! That usually never happens. I usually try my hardest to talk myself down from a craving!Telling myself I already spent so much money on food this week indulging on cravings only to find myself an hour later in line at rice king ordering the appetizer combo and a large order of chicken fried rice at 2 in the afternoon! I have no shame!

Hours of the day no longer pigeon hole an acceptable meal time! I literally wake up and tell myself " If I can just get to 10 am I consider that a successful example of will power and Subway is by far the best way to reward myself!" So it's subway at 10, an ice cream at 3 and an egg sandwich at 10:30 pm! Totally ok in my book!

So yeah! I'm feeling it girls!!! hunger and cravings are knocking at my door all day long! Do I fight it? No! So if you see me at Del Taco in the middle of the morning rush, afternoon chill hour or into the wee hours of the early morning, have no fear! I probably just need a churro in a really bad way! Thanks Del Taco for being open 24 hours!

8 comments:

Amber H. said...

LOL! You are so fun :o) I have never had cravings with pregnancy, but I crave food like that when I'm NOT pregnant all the time. Oooh, and you mentioned Rice King. Man, that was one of our favorite places to eat when we lived in Provo. It is making me crave it now! Shame on you! :o)

donna said...

I had the biggest cravings with my pregnancy..
I love SHAKES..YUMMY.

Thank goodness for 24 hours fast foods.......

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

thats like me with all 3 pregnancies- never any weird cravings, just the "i have to have it now" cravings!

Andrea said...

You're too funny! Now I'm craving some chicken fried rice and I'm not even pregnant! lol.

Jamie C. said...

I say Feed Those Cravings! I would give anything to want to feel like eating something! I Am practically sick thinking about having to eat, but have to do it, because I feel sick by not eating! It's horrible! When does it get better? Seriously!
Oh, and I love Throwdown with Bobby Flay!

AnieCooper said...

You are too funny! I haven't really craved food or wanted to eat food since I was 5 1/2 weeks. My nausea is gone, but the food still looks YUCKY! The one thing I can seem to eat is Pasta :)

So is this different from your pregnancies with Macy and Blue? If so...maybe it is a BOY!!! I'm definitely sending Boy thoughts your way ;) xoxoxoxo

Megan said...

I'm lucky to be eating anything at this point, blah! The only things that ever sound good are steak and potatoes, corn, fries, and sweet and sour chicken. I did have a weird day where I just wanted to grab a bottle of vinegar and smell it!

carey said...

Man, I remember those cravings. I still wonder why I weighed the huge amount I did when Cal was born....I only had ONE Dairy Queen Brownie Blizzard a day. C'mon! :)