Sep 18, 2008

I really AM pregnant!!!!

So call me crazy, It won't be the first time, but I actually feel pregnant!!! It's hard to explane but I haven't really felt confident about this pregnancy. Probably because I haven't yacked a single time and yacking is a 100% no fails clue that I am defiantly preggers!

I had my second doctors visit yesterday and I got the reasurance I needed. I was completely prepared to show up and not hear a heart beat and be told it wasn't going to be a successful pregnancy. But there I was with fingers crossed and soon comforted by the soft sound of a rhythmic waves of baby heart beats! What a comfort! I even got to see the baby on ultra sound again!there it was this time actually resembling a baby with a head and a body and a kicking leg! So good news! I am pregnant and my baby for sure has one leg!

Honestly I have a whole new connection and attitude when it comes to this baby! I really felt a disconnect before and no longer is that the case! It's a wonderful feeling!

More good news!My platelet count is holding strong and I only dropped by 12! That's huge! We still predict it will go down but what can you do besides wait! It's still a constant concern and consumes my thoughts come blood work day!Luckily I am being treated at a Cancer center so I get my results in minutes as opposed to the next days! It's way easier on my nerves! Most of you know how HUGE of a worrier I am! Blood results are not fun to wait for!

I'm still losing weight but have even more great news to report!After my visit I was able to eat an entire Big Mac meal!!!!!! Probably not the best thing to celebrate with and actually finish but My doctor and I will take it! For real... you got to eat what sounds good at the moment and that was it!

So things are good over here! Glad to be able to post something that more resembles Rainbows and bunnies then Eeyore and rain clouds! I'm off to enjoy the day with my girls!!!!!

12 comments:

Andrea said...

Glad things are going well and you got the reassurance that you needed! Congrats on your one legged fetus!

AnieCooper said...

Woohoo! So happy to hear things are going well :) We had our 3rd dr appt yesterday too :) We got to hear the heartbeat as well. I always feel like I'm going to go in and something is going to be wrong, but thankfully this baby is very healthy. We go for the official ultrasound for 16 weeks on Monday! Sooo excited :) I love seeing our little angel.

Glad you are feeling more connected and that your bloodcount is doing ok. :) What a relief!

Love ya sweetie!

Megan said...

YEAH! I'm glad everything is going good! The only reason you haven't thrown up is because IT'S A BOY THIS TIME!!!!!

I feel disconnected with this pregnancy too, I think it's because I am so preoccupied with Kate. We get to hear the heart "beep" on Sept. 30th, and I am SO NERVOUS something will be wrong! Wish me luck!

donna said...

so glad to hear that you are doing good and that you are PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Enjoy your day with your girls.

Jillyboo said...

I am so happy that all is going so well for you. I know how hard those feelings of worry and doubt are. It took me a long time before I really started to let myself be excited and happy.
And I only wish I could eat anything I wanted all day. I have needed to work so hard at curbing my cravings. I did not want to gain a lot of weight with this baby... i still have 10 lbs. of Miss Ella on this body of mine. I envy your metabolism.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

sweet! i love good updates!

Hannah said...

Hooray!! I am so excited for you!!

carey said...

Yay for Big Macs! Glad you are doing ok, Rebecca!!! I remember that feeling of not quite believing I was pregnant too...glad you got the thumbs up. :)

Momma Fish said...

No yacking?? For sure it's a boy.

michelle said...

I am so happy to hear that things are going well there!There is nothing in the world, that is more tender, than the first time you get to hear your babies heart beat! I hope that your feeling better! Hugs, Michelle

Melissa E Photography said...

Becca, I loved your craving posts. I think every woman can empathize!

I'm so glad your bloodcount is doing okay. What a relief!

Amy said...

So glad that I checked in on your blog - I'm excited for you! Maybe this one is a BOY. This little girl of mine has definately made me have morning sickness so much more than any of my three boys. Anyway, I'm happy to hear your good news.