Mar 19, 2007

Me and my dreams!

I have to warn you... I have really active dreams! I had one last night that I was on Americas Next Top Model and I won a challenge!I won a Cover Girl commercial and I was meeting with the Director and giving him all my ideas. I told him that I was shocked that I won because I always saw myself as an average and plain girl and that I really had to work on it with lots of makeup to feel "beautiful!" I had to come up with this whole ad by myself. All I could keep thinking about was " work with what you got!" And I tried to list all the things I liked about my face...

When I woke up this morning I still had that dream in my head. It made me think. What do I love about myself, my looks? In my dream I was able to list a few things so that made me realize that YES I really do enjoy some of my features. I think it's too bad that I feel deep down that I need makeup all the time to feel put together. I love getting all ready and doing the whole make up thing. I'm not the kind of girl who can't go out with out it.M ost of my days home with the girls is makeup free and yes I still answer the door!

If anything I need to appreciate the plainness of my face and the the beautiful features that I do have.

So here I go... This is hard but here is what I love about my face...

I have long dark eye lashes
My lips are full
I love the few freckles that I have that get more noticeable in the summer
I have HUGE white teeth! the huge part isn't my fave but they are straight and white!
My skin is soft
I like my eyebrow shape when I take the time to pluck!
I love the shape of my eyes!

man that was hard! WHY! it's so easy to list off all the things we hate about ourselves! I hate that! I hope it becomes easier and easier to see all the good in ourselves! I have to practice I am the first to admit! I hope we can all learn to love the list we have for ourselves... the good and the bad!


heres a bold move...I was always too shy to post a self photo but you get to see me in all my before and after glory! before hair and make up and after!




7 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

I love the before and after pics! Is your hair naturally curly? I'm jealous of your dark eyelashes. When I don't have mascara on, I look like I have no eyes. Have a great day Bec!

donna said...

I love this post girl:)
Good question!
Why is it so hard to list good things about ourselves? I wish I knew. I have such a hard time doing it. Crazy:}
What great before and after pictures. You are so cute. You have no WINKLES! (Ok I feel very old) I am so ready for Botox. heeheehee.
I had a picture of MYSELF on my blog today. I look so yucky!!! No sleep all night!
I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

Andrea said...

I love your post! So true, it's so easy and convenient to totally pick ourselves apart and complain about the things we don't like, then to be grateful for the things that we do like!

Becca said...

melissa,

I like to call it naturally crazy!

Anonymous said...

you are amazing. It every respect, I always think that you can't do anything else to amaze me but yet again, you did it again. I love the beore and after pictures. It inspires me. I might take after you and do this myself. Maybe... :)

michelle said...

Rebecca, this post totally put a smile on my face! You are a beautiful person inside, and out. I have to share a secret...If I were to post a before picture, you may not even recognize me. :) Let's see...botox would help...hmmm what else could I come up with? Have a great night. It was so fun to talk to you today. YEA! for you coming to Arizona.

sarah ann said...

Hey Rebecca! Your so pretty! Thanks for posting on my blog. Yes, My Mom told me that you and your little girlys are coming out to Az. How fun will that be! My Mom and I had so much fun meeting you at Disneyland. Your girls are so cute!
--Sarah