Mar 16, 2007

Gratitude

Gratitude really is an attitude! I have been thinking about how blessed I am and about what makes me happy! I really come from a wonderful family and have inherited a a family I love. I am surrounded by people who bless my life. Being Grateful is more then just loving and being loved! It's really about taking all that is good and putting it all to good use! I need to remind myself that Heavenly Father has blessed me with all these great things not to just admire but to use! I have been given an incredible family that teaches me things everyday. If I can't take those lessons and use them then I am not using my blessings. I've been given this healthy body and all I do is exist in it! I really need to respect it more and treat it and train it to be stronger and even more healthy! I've been given my love for learning and I need to challenge myself even more to show how grateful I really am for it! I've been blessed with a safe place to live and I always need to stop and reflect more often of how lucky I really am... this is a hard one at times! I've been given incredible friends! Friends that teach me every day and inspire me and I need to tell them all more often what they mean to me and take their life lessons and run with it!

I could sit here and list off a hundred things I am grateful for but what good is a list if thats where the gratitude stops! Our attitudes have to change when it comes to being grateful! We need to do more then just say thank you for all our many blessing! Blessings can be tools for increased knowledge, growth and even more blessing that may be in store for us!

I chose to have more gratitude then want. More appreciation then praise. I want to give more then receive. I want to move forward more then live in the past! I want to give thanks and be happy with what I already have!

Gratitude will be my new attitude!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

rebecca that was such a great post. we all need more gratitude. i know i do. that is something i have to catch myself with all the time. we are so good at telling our kids to say thankyou and be grateful but we need to remember it ourselves. and more gratitude than want. that was a great quote. i love it.

michelle said...

Fisrt off, I have to tell you...Thank you! You made Disneyland such a treat!!! I mean that too. It was so wonderful to meet with you, and the girls. You are such a beautiful person. Your little girls are dolls!!! Sarah is still talking about them. After you left, Sarah, and I had about 30 minutes before the kids, and Steve where done riding their ride. We sat, and talked for a while. I told Sarah it is was like we had known you forever. Your such an amazing perosn. I love what you wrote about gratitude. It is a blessing when we can sit back, and really think about our blessings. Sometimes I feel amazed by it all.

Anonymous said...

You have so inspired me. Thankyou for being such a wounderful uplifting person.

donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
donna said...

rebecca. What a great post:)
I really needed this post:)

donna said...

PS Michelle and I are getting together on March 31. Will you been in Arizona??