Sep 10, 2009

It's not everyday...

a stranger stops you in the grocery store to tell you you're a good mom!

This morning while on my walk we stopped in Albertsons. A sweet old, questionably 100% there if you know what I mean, lady stopped me and commented what a good mom I was! I was flattered! I was assuming she was refering to my early morning outing with two kids in a stroller. But I was wrong! She was refering to the fact that I had given Blue A donut and she was covered almost from ear to ear in chocolate frosting!

At first I wasn't sure if she was actually insulting me and using tricky reverse psychology on me and actually "dissing" my parenting skills or if she was genuinely impressed in my generosity. She then started going on and on about how people need to give in to their kids more! She retold a story, in great detail how she witnessed a little boy scream and cry for a piece of cake that the parents wouldn't let him have! Pretty sure I don't aggree with her on giving in to screaming kids!!!

So there you have it. I was recognized for my "parenting" skills. Shoot!!! Wasn't I just complaining about not getting recognition!!! Ask and ye shall receive!

Call me crazy but

8 comments:

Megan said...

sounds like us last week! The weather was so nice, I had to get out, we walked to our closest grocery store and then stopped off at the neighboring donut shop, kate was covered in pink though!

Andrea said...

That's hilarious...lol.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness everytime someone tells me I'm a good mom when I'm in public it makes my week!

I'm so glad you had that experience!!! It's true of course!!!

michelle said...

I agree with that little lady!

Melissa said...

I bet Blue thought you were a great mom too! I'd sure think so if I got a donut! Great...now I want a donut! Yum sounds delicious!

Christina said...

Love it! That is a great story.

Jamie C. said...

It really is nice to get compliments from perfect strangers when you're being a good mom and don't know you're being watched. Because all too often I feel like there are watching eyes on me when my kids are being less than perfect and Ia m being even more perfect.
I'm glad you got some recognition!

donna said...

YOU are a great MOM! And i am sure Miss Blue was very happy with her donut!