May 24, 2009

Spring cleaning, change and a few face lifts

I HEART change!Love it! Thrive on it and can hear it calling my name! I've got the itch and it's bad! I'm desperately in need of change around here. Every aspect of my life needs a makeover!

The first plan of attack was to freshen up my blogs. Easy enough right! Change a little here, add a little there! My personal blog and Blue Cricket blog were due so they got a little life support first. Check out my Blue Cricket blog. Totally new look and concept...no longer a place to sell my wares but a place to share fun and creative projects and ideas. I'll be adding new posts a few times a week so check back often!

Next item of business is my house! I'm sick of it's decor and want to start all over. Green, Gold and Red have to go! I want more Modern, clean lines and minimal accents. I want pops of color, large photography and graphic shapes. I'm trying to convince Mike to let me sell off nearly everything...it's a hard sell soooo this may take a few " trades" if you know what I mean to get him to hop on board. Oh the things I do!!!!

We are in the throws of a big household project thank goodness! Something to tide me over I guess. We are putting in a patio in the front yard! We had to rip out hedges and dig up roots and depending on the weather tomorrow may actually get it done. I'm on the hunt for some adorable wicker furniture for the space. I can't wait till it's done. I'm ready to retire my ghetto 1985 folding chairs I sit on in the drive way! Pictures to come.

I'm also always talking myself out of chopping my hair! I would love to sport a sassy short look but don't have the balls to actually do it. And Mike likes me blond and with long hair so what can I do...remember I'm trying to get him to sign on to my redecorating concept so I aim to please at this point! I am getting my hair done on Thursday so maybe I'll spice it up with some sexy low lights and a trim...CRAZY I know!

Big yard sale next weekend so I'm on a purging rampage! For real!!! I just want to get as much crap out of here as I can and make a little moola to spend on new crap! Oh the circle of life!

14 comments:

Elise said...

Ooooooooooh. Me likey.

Morph This said...

love the blog.. but don't get lolights.. its almost summer.. this is when people go lighter.. you will regret it. i love the blog..

i am your voice of reason.. just get a cute cut. nothing short, just something hip. and don't drastically change your color.. you just had a baby.. we always do it after a baby and a month later wish we hadn't.. i am still trying to grow mine out from emmy.

michelle said...

Love the new look! So summery, and happy!

It sounds like your having some fun at your house! I can't wait to see what you do! I know it will be fantastic! :)

Jill said...

I ALWAYS want that sassy short hair as well. YOU GO FIRST!

Christina said...

Love the new blog look. Fantastic!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

love the new blog look! good job!

and i am all for a short cut on you- you have had long hair for a while and I think you are the cutest person with short hair. no one looks cuter in a bob than you do... seriously. its summer time- go crazy!

tara said...

i say CHOP IT. just don't go crazy short...you WILL regret that.

LOVE the new sassy banner:)

donna said...

wow you have a lots going on! BUSY!

Momma Fish said...

You better post a date and time on your purging sale. I want to be there.

Sarah said...

Love the blog header! I think you would look hot with a short sassy haircut!

Megan said...

love your new look, now it's time for YOU to get a new look! Chop the hair, seriously, you talk about it all the time, just do it! I've seen your hair pulled back with just a little up front (making it look like your hair was short) and I loved it! just do it, I'll join you in a few months! Actually, wait until after the blessing, that's what I plan to do, so I can have long curly hair for pictures!

carey said...

On my way to visit your blue cricket blog - you always have such fun ideas. I'm with you on the house thing...I'm trying to slowly change us out of red/green/gold mode too!

AnieCooper said...

Love the new look ;) I'm getting my hair done tomorrow! So excited :) I'm growing it out...my students think I'm younger haha so I'm not cutting it yet!

Like you I'm ready for changes...but I'm gonna have to settle for cleaning and moving pics around.

Can't wait to see what you do!

Brittany said...

I have been doing the exact same things - I need the change! I sold a TON of stuff at a yard sale last week and looking around my house I have truck loads more! It feels soooooo good!

My husband just about died when I colored my hair dark. I absolutely LOVE it now! I'll never go light again. Highlights - totally...but no more blonde for me! My hubby finally came around and even told me last night that dark hair with the highlights is totally sexy. YAY! Do something FUN!