May 14, 2009

Obsessions

It's nice to know I can be obsessed with good things and not just things like Mint OREOS and "LOOKING" at my stair stepper rather then using it lately!

I'm hooked! I'm addicted! I can't live without it!!!

I gotta get me a bowl of Steel Cut Oats with a chopped banana and a sprinkle of coconut! For almost a month now this has been my breakfast! So yummers and so good for me! I'm trying hard to lose those last 5 lbs...ok. I guess if I were tryinh HARD I'd use my stair stepper more so let me re phrase that..I'm trying things to help me lose those last 5 lbs. like eating a good breakfast and lunch. I'm also addicted to brown rice, steamed veggies and two slices of lean turkey meat for lunch! Is it working... not sure! But I feel better knowing I'm getting better nutrition then not!

Why can't I be obsessed with working out! There are totally those kinds of people out there! Why can't I just wake up and want to run or do sit ups! I'm just not like that! Instead I'm obsessed with thinking about all the things I should be doing to help become more heathy. In this case I don't think just thinking about will get the job done! The big butt and cloths not fitting thing still exists! SIGH!!!

I'll say it... I JUST WANT TO BE THIN LIKE I WAS AGAIN!!!

So maybe if I write it down I'll get more motivated! But really folks... how do you do it with three kids and one being dependant on the boob! I'm afraid to get a gym membership because of how pricy the childcare is and lets face it... in the past my gym membership was just a monthly withdraw for my absentse and ability to always leave one more treadmill available for someone else!

I need to trade in a bad obsession for a good one....

Mint Oreos for Oats...CHECK
Fast food lunch for rice and veggies....CHECK

going to bed late for in bed by 10:15
computer time for work out time
shopping for walking



That should be a good start!

6 comments:

donna said...

It is hard, I remember when my third baby was born ( Ian) . I had a lots of baby weight that i needed to get off my body! So i decided that every night after Ryan got home from work i would go for a run.
It was my time to think, ponder and work out! MOMS need that time.

Megan said...

if you only have 5lbs to go, you are doing awesome! I'm jealous, I have 15!!!! I would love to work out, but it seems like any time I get the desire to is not a good time. I have to do it when Kate's asleep or when Jason's home, and lets face it, if Kate's asleep, there are a million things I want to do and when Jason gets home I just want to spend time with him!

Jill said...

Dude, I don't want to hear it. I'm STILL working on the last 5 poundages! I'm beginning to accept that it will NEVER happen...sigh...

Jamie C. said...

We'd make a good team, because I'll work out for hours before I eat something good for me or an acceptible portion. I love my food way to much to cut it out or in half. Yes, I'd much rather hit the gym than eat oats. Gross Becca!

carey said...

That sounds so yummy - - going to have to try it. :) 5 lbs. left? Good for you!!!

Jillyboo said...

that looks really yummy, i'll need to try it